After getting a taste of success, the subsidiary of Micromax, YU Televentures launched the new Yuphoria in 2015. It is one of those devices which is hiding budget specs and features inside a shining armor. And just like its elder sibling, the Yuphoria was running on Cyanogen OS. That said, the software support has never been so great for this device.
Believe it or not, the Yuphoria has been running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, which came pre-installed with it. However, thanks to the LineageOS community, it was possible to upgrade it to Nougat last year.
Speaking of LineageOS, the new LineageOS 15 update is currently being made available to a lot of new, as well as fairly older devices. You can check out our full coverage of the same here: LineageOS 15 download and device list.
In fact, the Yureka, as well as the Yunique from the YU family have already received the LOS 15 update. So it was just a matter of time until the Yuphoria was also blessed with it. Well, then what are you waiting for? Install the LOS 15 ROM and enjoy all the new Android 8.0 Oreo features such as picture-in-picture mode, notification channels, notifications snooze, Instant Apps, etc.
Check out: Best Android Oreo features
Before we proceed with the installation, we would like to inform that this is not an official release of LOS 15 ROM. Hence, you are bound to face a few bugs occasionally. However, these minor bugs should be crushed with future updates, once the official nightly build from official LineageOS channel goes live.
YU Yuphoria LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with YU Yuphoria (codename: YU5010A). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not entirely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog. (To be updated with a link when available.)
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your YU Yuphoria.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your YU Yuphoria in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.
‘Also Read: How to download OnePlus 3 Oreo update [Android 8.0]‘