Xiaomis MIUI 10 beta program receives weekly software updates that iron out any bugs and fix errors from the previous versions and there is a new version in town – MIUI 10 beta 8.12.20.
Technically, the new MIUI 10 8.12.20 starts rolling out tomorrow, December 20, but as usual, Xiaomi makes the changelog preview available earlier, with the full changelog accompanied by recovery and fastboot download links to follow later this Friday.
As per the changelog preview, the update to MIUI 10 8.12.20 does the obvious – fixes bugs and optimizes the performance of the devices in question. To be a little more specific, users of the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 can forget about the face data management issue while those on the Redmi Note 5 Pro have a fix for the issue where the lock screen shows black.
Here is the changelog as provided in the official forums.
MIUI 10 8.12.20 changelog preview
- Fixes issue where app names were truncated when texts size was set to large
- Fixes error where a blank prompt appeared in landscape mode when full-screen gestures were turned on (full-screen phones)
- Day of the week is now displayed in the status bar when the device is in landscape mode
- Fixes issue where the Mi Max 3 couldn’t manage face data in some cases
- Fixes issue where the lockscreen shows black on the Redmi Note 5 Pro
As noted, a full changelog and download links will arrive later this week, so keep an eye on our MIUI 10 download page for the updated links. Also, the initial OTA update will be available as from Thursday, with the wider rollout to follow over the weekend.