For the latest Xiaomi Mi MIX software updates, you have come to the right place. This page has details regarding regular MIUI updates as well as Android OS upgrades. The page will be upgraded regularly to reflect the latest news and software updates, including their download links.
This page also has a detailed guide on how to install MIUI updates, using both fastboot and local methods.
Xiaomi Mi Mix update timeline
|Date||Software version||Download link||Changelog|
|10 Jan 2019||MIUI 10 9.1.10 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||Bug fixes|
|20 Dec 2018||MIUI 10 8.12.20 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes|
|13 Dec 2018||MIUI 10 8.12.13 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and optimizations|
|06 Dec 2018||MIUI 10 8.12.6 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and enhancements|
|29 Nov 2018||MIUI 10 8.11.29 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and improvements|
|22 Nov 2018||MIUI 10 8.11.22 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and improvements|
|18 Oct 2018||MIUI 10 8.10.18 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|11 Oct 2018||MIUI 10 8.10.11 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|21 Sep 2018||MIUI 10.0.1 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||Installs stable MIUI 10 update|
|20 Sep 2018||MIUI 10 8.9.20 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|18 Sep 2018||MIUI 10.0.1 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Installs stable MIUI 10 update|
|13 Sep 2018||MIUI 10 8.9.13 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes, performance improvements, and more|
|06 Sep 2018||MIUI 10 8.9.6 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and improvements|
|30 Aug 2018||MIUI 10 8.8.30 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements. Details here|
|23 Aug 2018||MIUI 10 8.8.23 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Multiple bug fixes and optimizations. Details here|
|16 Aug 2018||MIUI 10 8.8.16 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||July 2018 security patch, fixes for Dual Apps issues, and more|
|11 Aug 2018||MIUI 9.6.2 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||July 2018 security patch, improved system performance and stability|
|26 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.26 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes, performance improvements, and more|
|19 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.19 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||Multiple bug fixes and performance improvements|
|12 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.12 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Fixes several bugs and improves system stability|
|10 July 2018||MIUI 9 v9.6.1 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Installs MIUI 9.6.1 based on Android 8.0 Oreo|
|06 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.5 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Adds nature sounds, improves UI, camera, and more|
|27 June 2018||MIUI 9.5.5 (stable) | Android 7.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|20 May 2018||MIUI 8.5.17 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||NA|
|28 Apr 2018||MIUI 9.5.2 (stable) | Android 7.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Resume interrupted transfers in Mi Mover without starting over, Quick search options, Adjusted the position of the search bar, Optimized Browser’s kernel, One-time data limits: hotspot turns off automatically when set data limit is reached, and more|
|20 Apr 2018||MIUI 8.4.19 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||Android 8.0 Oreo beta|
|11 Jan 2018||MIUI 9.2.1 (stable) | Android 7.0||Recovery update||Display effect when the virtual navigation button is on a light-colored wallpaper, Multiple themes supported on the clock widget, Adding widgets to an empty spot with a single tap, and more|
|29 Nov 2017||MIUI 9.1.1 (stable) | Android 7.0||Recovery update||Reading mode can turn on and off at sunset and sunrise automatically, Improved layout and readability for search results in Contacts, Virus scans and payment scans were merged into Security scan, and more|
|18 Oct 2017||MIUI 8 8.5.5 (stable) | Android 6.0||Recovery update||Optimized system performance|
|19 Sep 2017||MIUI 8 8.5.4 (stable) | Android 6.0||Recovery update||Separate App locks for Dual apps, Option for hiding the content of notifications on Lock screen, Manage autostart for multiple system apps, Switches for common settings in search results, Use search to select your timezone, and more|
MIUI 10 update
- Global stable update available
Xiaomi released the stable MIUI 10 to the Mi MIX in September 2018. If the update hasn’t arrived on your phone just yet, you can grab the download file in the table below and install it manually.
Related: How to install MIUI 10 update
Android 9 Pie update
|Category||Launch OS||Current OS||Android 9 Pie update|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 8.0 (Update released on 10 July 2018)||Not eligible|
The OG Mi Mix won’t receive an official update to Android 9 Pie. The device has received two major OS upgrades – Android Nougat and Android Oreo. But given how popular Xiaomi devices are among the developer community, we expect the Mi MIX to get plenty of Pie-based custom ROMs in the future.
Related: LineageOS 16: Expected release date
How to install Xiaomi Mi Mix update
There are different methods you can use to install MIUI updates besides the usual OTA downloads. All of them involve manual installation and we have procedures for each one right below. Note that in most cases, Xiaomi provides all three files in distinct packages, so make sure you grab the right one depending on the method you want to use.
How to install Xiaomi Mi Mix Local update
Like the systems update, there are a few things you also need to note before going the local update route.
- Please wipe all data in Recovery mode if you want to update to a discontinuous ROM version, or downgrade to an older ROM version using MIUI full ROM pack.
- Due to the differences in Recovery interface, this method is not applicable to devices with a locked bootloader.
Now, onto the main steps of installing MIUI local update on your Xiaomi phone.
- Download the latest MIUI recovery ROM file from the table above and rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on the computer.
- Connect your device to the computer above using a USB cable and copy the ROM file downloaded and renamed in Step 1 above into the root directory of the internal storage of your device (Do not put it in any folder).
- Enter the Recovery mode of your device. There are 2 methods to do it as follows:
Method 1: Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
Method 2: You can also turn off your device and then hold both Volume up button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, you can use Volume up/down to scroll through the options and Power button to confirm your selection. After entering Recovery mode, choose the language you use, select ‘Install update.zip to System One’ and confirm. Your device will begin updating automatically. Wait until the update is completed, choose ‘Reboot to System One’, and then your device should boot to the new version.
How to install Xiaomi Mi Mix Fastboot update
Before any attempts to install the MIUI fastboot update on your Xiaomi Mi Mix handset, take note of the following:
- A Windows PC/laptop will be needed for this to work.
- Make sure that your device is fully charged or has enough power for this process.
- All user data will be purged in this process, so make sure you back up your data and think twice before proceeding.
With that out of the way, here’s how to install MIUI fastboot update on your Mi Mix.
- Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool. If your device is locked, please click here to unlock it first. If your device is unlocked, please just follow the following tutorial to complete the ROM flashing.
- Download the latest fastboot update ROM from the table above.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume down + Power buttons at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to a Windows PC via a USB cable.
- Open your phone’s storage and double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install on your PC (if there is security warning, select ‘Run’). After installation is complete, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Note that if the flashing guide could not help you, please download Mi PC Suite here. After Mi PC Suite is installed, make sure that your phone is in fastboot mode, connect it to the PC in question and select the correct ROM file to flash.
Have any questions? Let us know in your comments below.