Verizon has added a new mid-range Samsung Android device to its repository, called the Galaxy Stellar, which will come with a dual-core processor and run Android 4.0 out of the box. It will go on sale from September 6, for free after a $50 mail-in rebate on a mandatory 2-year contract.
Here are the known specs of the Galaxy Stellar:
- Dual-core Snapdragon 1.2GHz processor
- 4-inch WVGA capacitive display
- 3.2MP rear camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera
- microSD card slot
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and LTE (download speed of up to 12Mb/s) connectivity
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Samsung SAFE certified for business use
The Galaxy Stellar will also feature two homescreen modes – Starter and Standard mode. Starter mode will feature a simple homescreen with preset widgets such as Favorite Apps, Contacts, Settings, and a quick dialer icon. The Standard mode on the other hand will provide the standard Android experience that everyone knows about.
For a device that will cost you nothing in upfront payment, the Galaxy Stellar does have some ‘stellar’ specs (don’t mind the pun), including the 4G LTE connectivity and dual-core processor. So if you’re on the lookout for a cheap Android smartphone that doesn’t cut down on too many specs, the Galaxy Stellar might be a good option.