Finally, the goodness of MIUI 4 has trickled down on the Droid Incredible 2. This hugely popular AOSP based Rom has been ported to HTC Droid Incredible 2 by XDA member nitsuj17. Though Unofficial and still in Alpha stages, this Rom gives users a lot to look forward to.
Read on as we guide you through the procedure to install this ROM on your phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Droid Incredible 2. It’s not compatible with any other device. So, be sure to try this only on HTC Droid Incredible 2 and not any other device.
- Developer → nitsuj17
- Weekly MIUI v4 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.0.3
- CM9 libs, boot image, parts as needed
- kernel is .35, not 3.xx
- Radio (Phone and SMS)
- Data 3G/2G
- Audio (in call and media)
- Rear camera [flash does not work]
- USB Mount
- Bluetooth status is unknown (reported working, but not confirmed)
- Native screenshot
- Soft key lights (They turn off randomly but locking/relocking screen brings them back)
- SD card
- Market and market downloads
What doesn’t work/Known issues:
- Front camera
- Lock screen wallpapers will not set
- Compatibility with MIUI themes is unknown
- Random hotboots
- Built in root permission app isn’t working properly (Flash attached superuser to gain root permissions)
- Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2 with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Battery charged to minimum of 50%.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install MIUI 4 ICS ROM on HTC Droid Incredible 2:
- Download the ROM and root permissions fix files from the original development page (3rd Post)
- Transfer the downloaded zip files to your external micro SD card on the HTC Droid Incredible 2.
- Turn off the phone. And boot into recovery by holding the Volume Down key and press the Power key once. Now in the bootloader menu, scroll to Recovery using the volume keys and select it using the power key. You’re phone will boot into recovery mode. Use the Volume keys to scroll and power key to select an option in the recovery.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore » On the next screen, select Backup again.
- Perform a full wipe. First select Wipe data / factory reset » select Yes on the next screen.
- Next, select Wipe Cache Partition » select Yes then
- From the main menu of recovery, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache » select Yes on the next screen. You’re done wiping off the data. Lets flash the rom now.
- From the main menu of recovery, select “Install zip from sdcard” » “Choose zip from sdcard” » scroll to and select the rom’s zip file you downloaded in step 1. Select Yes on next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the flashing process is done, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- The first boot will take time, so wait a while for the phone to boot up, and when it does, enjoy the MIUI 4 ICS on HTC Droid Incredible 2.
NOTE: If you experience problems with superuser, su, permissions.. do this → Download the root permissions fix file from the original development thread (link provided above in step 1) and flash it through recovery. The process is similar, just boot into recovery and select “Install zip from sdcard” » “Choose zip from sdcard” » scroll to and select the ‘root permissions fix’ file. Select Yes on next screen. Once the process finishes, select ‘go back’ and then ‘reboot system now’. Done.
That’s it. You now have the MIUI 4 Rom installed on your HTC Droid Incredible 2. Visit the original development page to check development progress and updates. Share your thoughts and problems in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.