Spotify is one of our favorite music apps in the market right now. Discovering music on Spotify is a breeze. We always go back to the app wanting our daily dose of music. Now, you can too. Listen to your favorite songs and expand your playlist to find new songs and artists that you may like.
If you’re still wondering why you should use Spotify and more importantly, how you could use it. Let us give you a tour of the app and a step-by-step guide to know this app better.
- How to get Spotify on your phone
- How to configure your profile on Spotify
- How to navigate the home screen on Spotify
- How to play music on Spotify
- How to use the search feature on Spotify
- How to use Your Library on Spotify
- How to create your own playlist on Spotify
- How to add songs to your library on Spotify
- How to configure Settings on Spotify
How to get Spotify on your phone
- Open the Google Play Store app and look for Spotify. You can also click here to open the search results directly. Or, simply download the app from the links below:
- Download the app. Tap the Install button to download the app.
- Open the app, sign up and you’re in.
How to configure your profile on Spotify
- For first time users, Spotify will help you get on board the train by showing you a few slides categorized by style and artist. Choose all the options that may apply to you.
- You can always add more artists to your profile later.
Related → Spotify vs Spotify Lite
- You will first see Daily Mixes for you in a variety of genres of your choosing.
- Scroll down the screen, you will see recommended playlists, artists and genres.
- The screen will also show you trending and popular playlists. Go on, and keep exploring till you find what you’d like to hear.
How to play music on Spotify
- When you choose a playlist, just tap on it.
- You’ll see a button that says Shuffle Play. Tap on this button to let the app will play the songs in the playlist by shuffling their order.
- If you don’t want to shuffle the playlist just tap on the first song. Now, it’ll play the songs in order, consecutively.
- For playback options just look at the bottom of the screen. You’ll see a light grey band that will have the current song’s name on it.
- Tapping on a song will show you the controls for the song.
How to use the search feature on Spotify
- Again, look to the bottom of the screen and tap on the search button.
- You can type in the song or artist you are looking for. It’ll also show you your top genres followed by all the genres in the world to choose from.
- Hit the search button, the app will show you albums, songs, artist profiles and playlists that feature your search terms.
- Tap on an option that seems relevant to your search.
How to use Your Library on Spotify
- Tap on “Your library” at the bottom of the screen.
- Here, it will show you two options, Music and Podcasts.
- If you tap on Music, the app will show you your favorite playlists, artists and albums.
- There’s a folder called “Liked Songs”, right below “Create Playlist”. Tap on the folder to browse through songs you’ve favorited.
- Tap on “Podcasts” to see podcasts you are following.
- Tap on any episode you want to listen to.
How to create your own playlist on Spotify
- Go to Your library first and under music, you’ll see “Create Playlist”. Tap on it
- Name your playlist.
- Tap on “Add Songs”.
- Search for songs you’d like to add to the playlist.
- Or you could search from the options that the app has to offer. You can swipe right to see categories that you usually explore.
- Tap on the add button or ‘+’ button to add a song to the playlist.
- You can access your playlist from Your Library under the Music section.
How to add songs to your library on Spotify
- Tap on the grey band that has the current song playing.
- Tap on the heart button right next to the song.
- The song will now be added to the “Liked songs” folder in Your Library.
- You’ll see a heart button everywhere on the app. If you want to add an album tap on the heart button next to the name of the album. If you want to add a playlist, do the same.
How to configure Settings on Spotify
- Go to your home screen, by tapping on the Home button at the bottom of your screen.
- You’ll see the settings button to the top right of your screen. Tap on it.
- Here, you can disable/enable explicit content, turn the data saver on/off, disable/enable autoplay, connect to other devices, connect to Facebook or share your listening history on the Spotify app.
- Go through the settings and tweak the controls for your preference.
So, now you know how to go about using the app. We recommend you get on the Spotify train as soon as possible. You’re not going to miss it, but it’s better to be early than late. It is also better to be late than never getting to experience the marvel that is Spotify.