Back in 2011, Samsung decided bigger the better and showed the world its Note series. The obvious headline with the Note 4 is that it has a 2K display. The screen size itself is unchanged from the Note 3 at 5.7 inches, but what really have whopped is the price. Price of the note 3 was around $700 (Rs. 46,000 approximately). The bad news is that the Note 4 is even more expensive. Prices vary from $700 to almost $1,000 depending on source and country. The cheapest place we found is Verizon Wireless, where the off-contract Note 4 will cost $699.
How tempting it is to get the discounted all new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from the market with locked service provider, the service providers claiming that its giving the power to you and the balls are in our court. But they actually snatch your freedom to get a cheap service provider. In the United States and other areas, where carriers often offer deeply discounted cell phones in exchange for an exclusive agreement with a carrier, the devices are mostly locked and doesn’t work with any other carrier. But, they gradually take more than the actual cost of a free or reduced price handset.
No doubt, this fulfills the your wish with your desired Note 4, but, if you are a anything calculative, you must be realizing that you are not getting a fair balance for what you are paying for. Buying a SIM-free phone, therefore, has many advantages. It puts all the power back to you. First of all, you can choose a network provider who gives you the best deal. Further, you can have total command on your phone bills as you can tailor the cost of mobile access to what you need.
I have seen various shops where people after getting a SIM locked handset are forced to pay to get their phones unlocked. However, an Android app developer has developed an app called “GalaxSim Unlock”. Meaning, if you own an Samsung Galaxy family smartphones/tablets (S, S2, S3, some S4, Tab, Tab2, Note, Note2…), you can easily sim unlock your device. It can also backup EFS data, you can email it on your account or you can upload it on your drive. EFS folder is the very sensitive system folder that contains phone-specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. If EFS is not handled properly, your device can turn completely useless as it will no longer be recognized by any of the carriers. You can also get the detailed information about your nv/lock state with the GalaxSim Unlock app. So, let’s get started.
GALAXY NOTE 4 SIM UNLCOK
ROOT ACCESS REQUIRED
- Download and install the GalaxSim Unlock app from Play store (→ here’s the link).
- Open the app, it’ll check for the root access and if everything goes well, the app will identity your phone to get the unlock code.
- Click on unlock button.
That’s it. Enjoy!
Below’the full list of features that GalaxSim Unlock app offers:
- Unsimlock / unbrand your phone.
- Persists even after reset / flash / wipe / unroot.
- Supports any rooted rom (Samsung stock, aosp, aokp, cm10, cm11…).
- Supports devices previously unlocked with “voodoo unlock” or “galaxy s unlock”.
- Detects errors like lost imei / serial in nv_data caused by third party apps.
- Gives detailed information about current locks status (locked, unlocked or “partially locked”).
- Automatic and manual efs backup (should guarantee a safe use), restore it on demand.If any more queries you can mail the developer, developer’s email ID is provided to you in the app link.