ROOT PACKAGE INFO
|Name||Flashable Zip Package|
|Stability||Stable without any issues.|
|Root Manager App||SuperSu. It manages root permissions for apps on the device.|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 ON JELLYBEAN 4.1.2 BUILD
Before you begin with the instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be GT-I9100!
Please know that this page is meant only for Samsung Galaxy S2. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on other variants of the Galaxy S2. (including the S2 devices at Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile) or on any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been Warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the Flashable Zip file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your computer (just to keep things tidy, that is).
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip (668.8 KB)
Important Note: This Root method is only recommended on JellyBean 4.1.2 Build of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. So don’t try the method described here on any other builds of Galaxy S2.
- Download the Root File provided in the Downloads section and place it in the root of your SD card.
└ Note: SD card is must for this process.
- Boot into stock recovery mode. For this:
- Power off your device and wait for 5-10 seconds until the device is fully switched off.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together and release them as soon as you see the Galaxy S2 logo.
└ In Recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down between options and use Power button to select an option.
(For help, check out our Galaxy S2 Recovery Mode page).
- Select Install Update from External Storage option from the recovery menu.
- Now select the CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip that you have placed in the SD card and Select Yes in the next screen to confirm your action.
- After the flashing process completes, Reboot your device.
That’s all, your device will reboot now and your device will be rooted. If you need help regarding this, feel free to ask us in comments below.
It was easy to root your Galaxy S2 on Jelly bean, right? Let us know how you plan to use root privileges on your Galaxy S2.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!