Android Q has been in development for a while now and it’s highly unlikely that we will see a completely stable version for the OnePlus device till the end of 2019. OnePlus devices have been receiving the Developer Preview versions from the company directly. These previews are still pretty unstable and OnePlus specifically warns that it’s meant for developers and early adopters only.
Android Q Developer Preview 2 was released today for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro on this OnePlus community thread for those who are keen to try it out. Keep in mind that you can run the risk of bricking your phone if you don’t have experience with flashing custom ROMs.
OnePlus also addressed some known issues with this update but here are some issues that remain not fixed:
- Reading mode doesn’t work
- Display mode doesn’t work
- The verification window can’t pop up in WIFI anonymous connection
- Low probability of having stability issues
Also, they have given upgrade and rollback guides for the entire process on the thread. You will also find links to both the stable official version and developer preview versions on the same page.
- How to unbrick a dead OnePlus 7 Pro
- How to make OnePlus 7 Pro faster
- How to install Gcam on OnePlus 7 Pro