OnePlus devices are well-known for their grassroots customization and robust after-sales support through a thriving online community.
The community maintains that it’s nearly impossible to brick a OnePlus device to the point of no return, which, in turn, encourages users and developers to be more adventurous.
Such an adventurous XDA developer has created a little Magisk module named OxyTweaker, which allows you to maximize your device’s battery life, use an in-call voice recorder, and more.
As per the developer, he has uprooted the “unneeded analytics & loggers” inside OxygenOS, including debug & system analytics. And in doing so, he has reportedly increased the device’s battery life. He has also fine-tuned the volume levels, increased animation speed, and carried out some system performance-enhancing tweaks.
- Apps that were reported as data colletors changed by a dummy .apk files that won’t collect/share any data
- Disabled some Google Play Services analytics to improve battery life
- Some debug & system analytics stuff disabled
- Disable adb debug notification
- Disable OP drivers pop-on on windows
- A bit faster animations
- In-call voice record
- More volume steps
- Some build.prop tweaks
The module is compatible with any OnePlus device that’s running Pie-based OxygenOS. Some elements of the module take time to initiate, so, make sure to wait for around three minutes after a reboot to achieve desired results.
How to install OxyTweaker
- Make sure your device is on Android Pie. Also, that have rooted your device and have installed Magisk.
- Download the OxygenOS Tweaker’s latest version (zip file) from here. Transfer it to your OnePlus device is you downloaded it somewhere else.
- Open the Magisk Manager app.
- Reach the navigation menu by swiping from left edge to right. Tap ‘Modules.’
- Tap the ‘+’ button in Yellow.
- Select the OxyTeaker’s zip file you download in step 1 above.
- Tap ‘Open’, and then tap on the ‘Install’ button to begin installing the OxyTweaker magisk module.
- When done, tap ‘Reboot’ to restart the device and begin using the OxyTweaker mod and its features.
- If you ever need to uninstall it, do so using the Magisk Manager app only. In case something foes wrong, you can always restore things back to stock (be sure to back up data first), by installing the stable or Open Beta firmware (choose any latest update file) given on the pages below:
So, that’s all. Let us know how much of an impact does the OxyTweaker makes on your OnePlus device’s battery life.