OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 4.5.7 update to OnePlus 5 handsets only a couple of days ago adding a bunch of new features to the smartphone in addition to a few bug fixes and optimizations.
But soon, it withdrew the update for reasons unknown and unmentioned. The company, however, is now pushing a new OxygenOS 4.5.8 update to the smartphone with a similar changelog as 4.5.7 which btw, is as follows:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4K video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed occasional stutters when playing games
- Fixed battery drain for Jio users
As you can see from the above, one of the most important features that the update brings along with it is EIS support for 4K recording. Needless to say, the absence of EIS (earlier) didn’t go well with most of the users and left them asking for more.
In addition, issues surrounding Wi-Fi connectivity have also ruined the experience for many. With the update installed, users shouldn’t face these problems anymore.
OnePlus, as always, is carrying an incremental roll out of the OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA for the OnePlus 5 handsets.
Source: OnePlus Forums