One of the reputations of OnePlus is timely software updates and to prove doubters wrong (in case of any), the device is shipping with a ready software update that installs OxygenOS 9.5.2, up from the pre-installed OxygenOS 9.5.0.
As part of the update, the OnePlus 7 Pro is receiving a number of improvements beginning with a new April 2019 security patch. The update also brings the DC Dimming feature and improved scrolling on the already impressive Fluid AMOLED panel.
Gamers must be already salivating at the prospects of the liquid cooling system and up to 12GB RAM the device ships with, but the company isn’t stopping there.
The first-ever update adds the exclusive Fnatic gaming mode to the OnePlus 7 Pro to improve gaming performance and limit background data activities in order to redirect the resources to deliver the best online gaming. Gaming mode has also been updated to include haptic feedback tweaking.
There are also some updates to the Digital Wellbeing feature as well as some optimizations to the quality of photography you get from the tri-lens camera on the back.
Here’s the full changelog:
- April 2019 security update
- Adds DC dimming feature available under Settings > Utilities > OnePlus Laboratory
- Improves smooth scrolling on the 90Hz display screen
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Introduces an enhanced audiovisual experience by adding haptic feedback. This can be found in Settings > Utilities > Gaming mode
- Adds Fnatic mode in Settings > Utilities > Gaming mode
- Adds Wind Down in Digital Wellbeing. This is available under Settings > Digital Wellbeing
- Adds Grayscale feature in Wind Down under Settings > Digital Wellbeing > Wind Down
- Optimized photo quality
Note that the new OxygenOS 9.5.2 update is a bit heavy, weighing in at close to 500MB, so be sure to get a stable Wi-Fi connection to download it.
- When will OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro 5G release
- How to fix OnePlus 7 Pro won’t turn on problem
- How to reset OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro