The OnePlus 6T was a pretty hyped device, albeit not as much as the Pixel 3, however, it is just as good as the Pixel 3 with a much lower price tag. Yesterday, the company announced the device in New York.
OnePlus has always delivered on their promise of speed and the OnePlus 6T is no letdown. The device is blazing fast and comes with Android 9 Pie pre-installed with the OxygenOS skin on top. OnePlus pulled up a slide during the OnePlus 6T launch event showing that OxygenOS on OnePlus devices has the least bugs and issues when compared to other major OEMs.
While we don’t know how true the statistics are, we can be certain about the fact that most devices have a few issues here and there and more often than not have to be reset to fix the majority of issues on the device. If you’ve been troubled by a few bugs or of your brand new OnePlus 6T is taking a performance hit for no apparent reason, then you might want to reset the device.
- How to take a screenshot on OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 6T – All you need to know
- OnePlus Android 9 Pie release news
How to reset the OnePlus 6T via the Settings app
Resetting a device via the settings app is the easiest and most convenient way to do so. The process is fairly simple and shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on then tap on System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > RESET PHONE.
- Don’t select the internal storage checkbox. Select it only if you are sure you have backed up everything on internal storage, including photos and videos, music, documents and other files.
- Tap ERASE EVERYTHING button now and let the phone do its thing.
- The device would restart automatically after performing the factory reset.
How to reset the OnePlus 6T using recovery mode
This method may seem a bit complicated and scary to do on your brand new OnePlus 6T, however, it’s just as simple as resetting the device using the Settings app.
Follow these steps to reset your OnePlus 6T via the recovery mode:
- First, power off your phone normally.
- To turn it on, press and hold the Volume up + Power buttons simultaneously. Don’t release them until you see the OnePlus logo on the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Wipe data/Factory reset‘ option.
- Now tap on the ‘Wipe data/Factory reset‘ option to confirm your selection.
- The phone will reset and on the new screen, use the Volume up button to scroll to ‘Reboot system now.’ This will reboot your phone normally and that’s it!
Note that after resetting the OnePlus 6T, you’ll have to start all over again in order to use it, just like you did when you got it for the first time.