The OnePlus 5 and 5T are the 2017 flagship devices from OnePlus. The devices run pretty well and don’t generally lag or give system errors. However, if you have recently updated your device or rooted/installed a custom ROM on it, you may experience instability issues. In that case, installing a stock firmware is the best way to fix your device.
Stock firmware for your OnePlus 5 and 5T will give your device a fresh start with the software and settings as OnePlus provides out-of-the-box. Installing stock firmware manually requires a knowledgeable hand though, as it involves booting into recovery mode and flashing the firmware zip file. If you’re a tech enthusiast, you’d probably go through the installation process pretty fine, if not, we suggest you take help from a friend who knows this kind of stuff.
That said, installing stock firmware on OnePlus devices is easier than most other OEMs. Samsung, LG, Google and a few others require a PC to install/flash a firmware on their Android devices. OnePlus, however, just gives you a full firmware zip file that can be flashed via the stock recovery on your OnePlus phone.
You can find the stock firmware for all updates OnePlus pushed to OnePlus 5 and 5T till date in the table below. You can use these firmware files to also rollback to a previous version of Android. For example, if you’re facing problems with OnePlus 5 Oreo update, you can use the stock firmware for Android 7.0 Nougat to revert back to Nougat from Oreo.
OnePlus 5 Firmware
|Release Date||Android version||Firmware version and download link|
|07 Nov 2017||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||OxygenOS 4.5.14|
|16 Oct 2017||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||OxygenOS 4.5.13|
|01 Oct 2017||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||OxygenOS 4.5.11|
|31 Aug 2017||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||OxygenOS 4.5.10|
|08 Aug 2017||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||OxygenOS 4.5.8|
|06 July 2017||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||OxygenOS 4.5.5|
|27 June 2017||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||OxygenOS 4.5.3|
OnePlus hasn’t released OnePlus 5 Oreo update to everyone yet, but it’s available to download as a beta update for the device. If you’re interested in trying out the Oreo beta release, check out our post on installing OnePlus 5 Oreo beta update.
OnePlus 5T firmware
OnePlus hasn’t released an update for the OnePlus 5T yet, hence there is no stock firmware available for the device currently. The device is expected to get Android Oreo update by the end of 2017, and that might also come as the first update for it. We’ll sure to update this page with OnePlus 5T stock firmware as and when OnePlus provides them.
How to install stock firmware on OnePlus 5 and 5T
There are two ways to install stock firmware on your OnePlus 5 and 5T. Both methods involve the use of stock recovery, but the former is much convenient if you’re on mobile and don’t have access to a PC.
Method 1: Install directly from phone’s internal storage
- Download and transfer the stock firmware .zip file to your OnePlus 5/5T’s internal storage (don’t put it in any folder).
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Power + Volume down buttons together until you see the recovery screen.
- Select “Install from Local” option from recovery menu.
- Select the stock firmware .zip file you transferred in Step 1 above, and install it.
- Once the installation is finished, your phone will automatically reboot into the system. If not, select reboot from the recovery menu.
Method 2: Install from PC via ADB Sideload
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download the stock firmware .zip file on your PC and rename it to stock-firmware.zip.
- Enable USB debugging:
- Go to your phone’s Settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” Seven times. This will enable Developer options on your phone.
- Now go to Settings » Developer options » and tick the USB debugging checkbox.
- Connect your OnePlus 5/5T to the PC.
- Now open the folder where you downloaded stock firmware .zip file and then open a command window inside the folder. To do that, do a “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Now issue the following command in the command prompt to reboot your device into recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
└ Check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK/Yes.
- Once in recovery mode, select “Install from USB” option and then tap on OK. You’ll see “You are in sideload mode” displayed on the screen.
- Now issue the following command to begin installing the stock firmware on your OnePlus 5/5T:
adb sideload stock-firmware.zip
└ This will begin the stock firmware’s installation.
- Once the firmware is installed, your phone will automatically reboot into the system. If not, select reboot from the main menu of recovery.
That’s it. This should install stock firmware on your OnePlus 5 and 5T. Cheers!