OnePlus is one of the quickest OEMs out there when it comes to rolling out new major Android updates as well as other bug fixes for their devices. The OnePlus 6 was part of the first few smartphones other than the Pixel devices to get the Android 9 Pie update.
The company seeds out beta updates through the OxygenOS Open Beta programme for a few users to try out and report bugs and issues before OnePlus makes the update available for the masses. If you’re on the OxygenOS Open Beta programme, then you would be glad to know that the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 6T and the OxygenOS Open Beta 10 for the OnePlus 6 is now available for users to download.
The new beta update from OnePlus brings along a host of new features and bug fixes as well. After major outcry regarding the low brightness issue, users can finally be relieved since the latest update brings along a fix for the low brightness issue. You could also check out the changelog for the update below.
- OnePlus Android 9 Pie update
- How to install Android Pie on OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T
- Android Pie update news – OnePlus 5 | OnePlus 5T
- Software update news – OnePlus 6 | OnePlus 6T
- Improvements for screen brightness control
- Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker
- Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps
- General bug fixes and system stability improvements
- Added the caller identification feature (For India only)
- Improved UI for Call History
- Added create a collection, copy and move photos features
- New illustrations and design on blank pages
- General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
- Added recommended tools in Toolbox
- Improved UI for category tags in app drawer
The update changelog is similar for both the devices. Users who are already running the OxygenOS Open Beta build would receive the update via OTA.
As you may notice, OnePlus has also tweaked a few UI elements in the Call History and App drawer along with other minor bug fixes.