Motorola doesn’t have any device in the ongoing Android 10 beta testing program, but the Lenovo-owned company will still update a good number of its devices to the new OS beginning later this year. With that in mind, below is a list of Motorola phones that are expected to receive updates to Android 10 alongside the possible release dates.
Note that the list isn’t official and final, so expect changes somewhere along the way. Also, the dates provided are just guestimates based on our own educated guesses.
- Motorola Android 10 Device List
- Motorola Android 10 release date
- Moto Z4
- Moto Z3 and Z3 Play
- Moto Z2 Force and Z2 Play
- One Action
- Moto One
- Moto One Power
- Moto One Vision
- Moto G7
- Moto G7 Plus
- Moto G7 Play
- Moto G7 Power
- Moto G6, G6 Play, and G6 Plus
- No Android 10 update for these Motorola devices
- Motorola devices that will not receive Android 10 update
Motorola Android 10 Device List
|Motorola Device List||Expected Release Date|
|Moto Z4||March 18, 2020 (March 31 for Verizon model)|
|Moto Z3||Q2 2020|
|Moto Z3 Play||Q2 2020|
|Moto One||Q4 2019 (Beta released on March 27, 2020)|
|Moto One Action||Released on January 16 in India|
Released on April 07 for US Unlocked sets
|Moto One Power||Q4 2019|
|Moto One Vision||Q4 2019|
|Moto G7||Q1 2020|
|Moto G7 Power||Q1 2020|
|Moto G7 Play||Q1 2020|
|Moto G7 Plus||23rd Jan 2020 (Brazil), 10 Mar 2020 (Australia)|
Note: If your Motorola device is missing from the table above, it’s because we think it won’t be upgraded to Android 10.
Motorola Android 10 release date
- March 31: Verizon rolls out Android 10 for its Motorola Moto Z4, as version QDF30.130-42
- March 27: Moto One got Android 10 beta update
- March 18: Stable update rolled out for unlocked Moto Z4
Motorola hasn’t revealed the official Android 10 roadmap, but we can tell you a thing or two about the expected release date of the OS.
The first Motorola device to receive the outgoing Android Pie update did so in November 2018 and this was the Android One powered Moto One and Moto One Power. Similarly, we expect the newest Android One device in town so far – the Moto One Vision – to lead the way when Android 10 begins rolling out, probably in Q4 2019.
In fact, we expect that all of Motorola’s Android One devices will be upgraded to Android 10 before the end of 2019, just like it was the case with Pie before the end of 2018. As for the G7 family, the OS should arrive in some markets (most likely Brazil) in late 2019 before a wider rollout commences in Q1 2020.
You can expect the soak test (beta program) to begin for the Moto Z4 sometime in November-December 2019. It will be followed by the stable release of Android 10 for the device, probably in 1-2 months.
- March 31: Verizon model got the Android 10 update, too!
- The update was released on March 18th, 2020 for the Unlocked variant
Motorola took its sweet time releasing the update for the Z4, but it met its projected release period — Q1 2020. Verizon, too, rolled out the update a couple of weeks after the global variant.
Related: Moto Z4 software update news
Moto Z3 and Z3 Play
- Both are eligible for Android 10 update
- The rollout should begin in Q1 or Q2 2020
The Moto Z3 and Moto Z3 Play will both be upgraded to Android 10. This is in line with Motorola’s two-year software update schedule for its Moto Z devices. As for its arrival, we are looking at a potential release in early Q2 2020, if not late Q1 2020, for both devices.
Related: Moto Z3 software update news
Moto Z2 Force and Z2 Play
- Not eligible for Android 10
Both the Moto Z2 Force and Moto Z2 Play are not eligible for Android 10. The two came preinstalled with Android Nougat and their updates to Pie are the second and last major OS upgrades they’ll ever get.
Related: Moto Z2 software update news
- Android 10 is now available for the US Unlocked Moto One Action too, version being QSB30.121-12
- Android 10 update released in India on January 16, 2020 as software version QSB30.62-17
- Mar 27: Android 10 beta update released
- The stable version may arrive in Q2 2020
As an Android One device, the Moto One shall be receiving the Android 10 update in April 2020.
Related: Moto One software update news
Moto One Power
- Android 10 update released on December 15, 2019
Moto One Vision
- Android 10 update released on January 7, 2020
- The software version of the update was QSA30.62-24
- Eligible for Android 10 update
- The OS may arrive in Q1 2020
The Moto G series usually gets one major OS upgrade, which means the Moto G7 will be upgraded to Android 10. As for when, it’s hard to tell. The Moto G6 got its first Pie update in Brazil in February, but the update arrived in the U.S. in June.
If anything, we could be facing a similar release window for the two regions’ Moto G7 models, where the update to Q may arrive early in Brazil in February 2020 and the U.S. may have to wait until Q2 2020.
Related: Moto G7 software update news
Moto G7 Plus
- Stable Android 10 released on 23rd Jan 2020 in Brazil
- G7 Plus users in Australia receive Android 10 (10 Mar)
Motorola will upgrade the Moto G7 Plus to Android 10. The stable update arrived in Brazil on 23rd January 2020 and in Australia on 10 March 2020. It carries the December 2019 security patch.
Related: Moto G7 Plus software update news
Moto G7 Play
- Android 10 is expected to arrive in Q1 2020
The Moto G6 Play first received the update to Android Pie in February in Brazil and India before the OS later arrived in the U.S. in May. If anything, the story could be the same with the update to Android 10, where it may first arrive in select markets in February 2020 before making its way to the U.S. in April or May 2020.
Related: Moto G7 Play software update news
Moto G7 Power
- Eligible for Android 10 update
- The update should arrive in Q1 2020
The Moto G7 Power is eligible for an update to Android 10. The update may arrive somewhere in Q1 2020, although the staggered nature of the rollout will mean some regions may have to wait until Q2 2020.
Related: Moto G7 Power software update news
Moto G6, G6 Play, and G6 Plus
- Not eligible for Android 10 update
None of the devices in the Moto G6 series will receive an official update to Android 10. Motorola only provides one major OS upgrade for devices in the Moto G series and both the Moto G6, G6 Play, and G6 Plus have received their updates to Android 9 Pie, the only major OS upgrade they ever get.
No Android 10 update for these Motorola devices
Motorola doesn’t have an extensive list of devices that it will be upgrading to Android 10. Usually, only devices in the Moto Z series are guaranteed two Android OS upgrades while those in the Moto G series get a single Android OS upgrade.
If you own devices in the entry-level Moto E series, no Android OS will be directed your way. Not even one.
Motorola devices that will not receive Android 10 update
- Moto Z2 Force
- Moto Z2 Play
- Moto X4 (Android One)
- Moto G6
- Moto E6
- Moto E5