It took quite some time before eligible devices started receiving the outgoing MIUI 10 beta 8.11.22 (8.11.23 for some devices), which even led us to think this week’s update would be delayed.
Apparently, the delay hasn’t affected this week’s plans in any way and as of this writing, Xiaomi has already published a changelog preview for the upcoming MIUI 10 beta 8.11.29 update. As usual, the update is all about fixing bugs from beta 8.11.22/23 and ironing out any other issues in the software, however, there is more to the latest version.
In the camera app, there is an option to record a short video that usually lasts 10 seconds. However, after the update to beta 8.11.29, Xiaomi devices will let users record short videos of up to 15 seconds, which is a small but nifty addition for those of us who regularly make use of this feature.
This beta update is expected to go live tomorrow, although most users will begin receiving the OTA notification from Friday onwards. It is then that Xiaomi will also provide us with the full changelog and download links for manual installation.
Update: Here is the full changelog:
- Fixed issue where the screen turns off when listening to a WhatsApp audio message
- Fixed ringtone audio cracking sound while receiving a call
- Fixed broken VoLTE function
- Fixed issue where the P-sensor is not working correctly
- Fixed sound distortion issue during calls for users of the LINE app
- Fixed issue where icon does not display correctly after setting the font
- Short video clips can now be shot up to 15 seconds