OnePlus is probably the fastest Android OEM when it comes to updating their devices. The company had Android 9 Pie running on the OnePlus 6 way before most other manufacturers even started beta testing Android Pie on their devices. OnePlus has now released an update for the OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T via the Oxygen OS Open Beta 25 and Open Beta 23 respectively.
The new update brings along a ton of fixes and improvements for things such as the brightness control, color adaptation for the navigation bar in third-party apps, improved call history UI, and much more. There’s even more great news for OnePlus 5/5T users in India since the update brings along the caller identification feature as well for India.
Here is the full chagelog for the OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 23 for the OnePlus 5T.
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.01
- Improvements for screen brightness control
- Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker
- Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps
- Added create collection, copy and move photos features
- New illustrations and design on blank pages
- General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
- Added recommended tools in the toolbox
- Improved UI for category tags in the app drawer
- Added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers
- Improved UI for Call History
- Deep integration with Google Duo
- Added caller identification feature (For India only)
- Added more search options to improve the accuracy of search results
- Improved accuracy of weather descriptions
- Added more unit options for precipitation, visibility, pressure and other data
- Added more detailed descriptions to weather icons
- OnePlus Switch
- Now supports migrating data from iPhone
As you might notice, the changelog mentions several fixes and improvements mostly for major issues which have finally been addressed with this update. If you’re already on the OxygenOS Open Beta programme on your OnePlus 5 or 5T, then the update should now be available for you to download right away.
Note: The update is a beta update and users on the stable OxygenOS build would not receive this update.
Simply head over to Settings > System > System update and wait for the device to check for updates. Once the update is available to download simply tap on download and then install the update.