Google Duplex is an amazing feature offered by Google enables users to ask Google Assistant to call up local businesses to reserve tables, book appointments, etc. and would soon be used for various other purposes.
If you too want your customers to be able to reach your business with Google Assistant, then you’d have to first follow a few steps to make sure your business is ready to receive Google Duplex calls.
Related → How to block Google Duplex calls
So without much further ado, let’s check out how to set up Google Duplex for your business.
Register your business to Google My Business
There’s only one thing you need to do in order to enable your customers to reach out to you with the help of Google Assistant:
- You have to register your business to Google My Business.
- Click the link above to the Google My Business page and then click on Start Now.
- Enter your business name and then proceed by filling out the necessary information.
- To make things easier for the customers, be sure to fill in details such as opening time and closing time.
- In case you do not mention the opening and closing time or any other information, Google Assistant would call your business to confirm the information if your customers demand so.
- Once you’ve entered your business details and have been approved by Google, you would be able to manage what customers see when they search for your business on Google and this would also allow customers to ask Google Assistant to call your business to book a table/appointment or for information.
Google Assistant phone call feature availability
The phone call from Google Assistant feature is currently available in the US in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
How to edit your Google Business listings
You could edit your business information and change information such as the address, hours, contact info, and photos via the Google My Business profile.
- Sign in to Google My Business
- If you have multiple locations, simply pick the location which you want to edit the information.
- Click on the Info menu and then select the information you want to change and replace it with the new information.
- You can also remove a section of information by clicking on the Remove icon.
- Removing information you’ve previously added could take up to 60 days.
- You cannot remove information that’s also publicly available or from other sources.
- You cannot edit editorial summaries or keywords from the web that appear next to your business.
- Click Apply once you’ve entered the information.
How to know if you’re receiving a call from Google
When you answer the call, you would be made aware of the reason for the call and that the call is from Google. In most cases you would receive a call from an automated system; however, you might also receive calls from a manual operator.
The following numbers in the US are from Google:
When would you receive a Google Assistant call
You would only receive a call from Google Assistant if the customer asks Google Assistant to book an appointment or to raise a query about your business such as the opening and closing hours, discussing prospective leads etc.
It is also important to note that Google Assistant would not call your business without the customer’s consent.