There still isn’t much seamless integration between our Android devices and PC’s even though it would improve the user experience drastically. To add to the confusion, Google has its own vision for Chrome OS which isn’t really ready to replace your traditional Windows/Mac computer.
If you work all day on your PC and don’t feel like constantly picking up your smartphone to send or read text messages, then you are left with not many choices, most of which aren’t really worth the time and effort to setup. Luckily, there’s an app available on the Google Play Store which lets you send and receive messages straight on your PC from your smartphone.
So without any further ado, let us check out how to send SMS from your PC.
The SendLeap application is fairly new on the Google Play Store. This nifty little application allows users to send and receive text messages from their Android device to their PC.
- Download and install the SendLeap application on your Android device.
- After installing the application, simply visit the SendLeap website.
- Login using your Google account and then set a ‘master password’ to use on the app as well as the SendLeap website.
- Open the SendLeap app on your smartphone and set up the app by logging into your Google account as well and granting the app necessary permissions to run.
- Wait for the application to sync your messages and contacts to the SendLeap website on your PC.
That’s it! All your messages should now show up on the SendLeap website. Keep in mind your Android device would have to be connected to the internet at all times for you to be able to send messages via your PC.
How to send a message
Sending a message is pretty straightforward using the SendLeap webpage.
- Select the contact to whom you wish to send a message to by clicking on the Message icon in the left bar.
- Then enter the number or name of the person to whom you wish to send the message to.
→ Since your contacts would be synced automatically, simply entering a few digits of the number or a few letters of the contacts name would bring up their information.
- Now enter your message.
- Hit the send icon when you are ready to send the message.
If you face any issues while following the guide, do let us know in the comments below.