Ealier this month, a modified stock recovery was released for YotaPhone for the sole purpose of getting root access. But it’s time to get a taste of what a real custom recovery is like on your YotaPhone 2.
Developer SteadyQuad, who previously brought the modified stock recovery, is now back with TWRP recovery for YotaPhone 2. The recovery is in alpha stage at the moment, so it may have some bugs but I guess it’s safe to install.
You can download the TWRP recovery image from the link below and if you’re already rooted then just use the Flashify app to install the recovery file OR flash the recovery via Fastboot with the help of the detailed guide below:Download TWRP Recovery for YotaPhone 2
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on YotaPhone 2
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC.
- Enable USB debugging from developer options on your YotaPhone 2.
- Connect it to PC with a USB cable, if it asks for debugging authorization, permit it.
- Go to the folder where you downloaded the TWRP recovery image from the download link above on your PC and open a command window inside that folder by doing “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder, then select “Open command window here”.
- (Skip this if your bootloader is already unlocked) Now to unlock the bootloader, type in the following command:
└ Beware that unlocking the bootloader may wipe your phone’s data. Make sure to backup first before proceeding.
adb reboot bootloader
└ This will reboot your phone to bootloader mode
fastboot oem unlock
└ This will unlock bootloader on your device.
- Now if your phone has rebooted and is no longer in the bootloader mode, then boot it back into bootloader mode with the “adb reboot bootloader” command.
- Flash TWRP recovery on your YotaPhone now with the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp_yd201_alpha2.img
└ This will install/flash TWRP recovery to your device.
- Once flashing process finishes, you can reboot your device with the following command:
That’s it. Enjoy!