The official Lollipop update is available for the international HTC One Max, model no. 803s, codenamed t6ul. This is official update from HTC, and not a custom ROM. You get Sense 6 atop the Android 5.0 code, which HTC’s take on custom UI over Android. The installation is simple but there are some things that you will need. The version no. of Lollipop update is 4.12.709.2, and is actually ported from another HTC One Max, not the international version, but works just fine.
The Lollipop update is not available in RUU format, but is actually a backup of TWRP recovery, and hence you need a TWRP recovery installed on your device to be able to install the Lollipop update on your HTC One Max using the restore feature of the recovery.
If you already have the TWRP recovery, then it’s an easy job to you, simply download the update’s file below and extract and transfer the all of folder to TWRP folder on your phone. Then simply boot into TWRP recovery and use the restore option, then select the folder you transferred now and retore will be done. Reboot and you will have the official Android 5.0 running on your HTC One Max.
If you don’t have the TWRP recovery already, you need to install one. You’ll need to unlock bootloader and then install TWRP recovery. We’ve got the necessary links below to help you with all of this.
- Lollipop TWRP backup 4.12.709.2
Filename: tw_621_lollipop5.0_sense6_2015-05-11–23-30-21_LRX22G_release-keys.rar (1.4GB)
- HTC One Max, international model, t6ul, 803s
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
- Make sure you’ve got the TWRP recovery on your HTC One Max. Use our guide here to get that, and if you want latest recovery, download the .img file of latest TWRP recovery from here, and use it in that guide, in step 4. Also, you may need to unlock bootloader first to be able to flash TWRP recovery, using HTC’s own htcdev.com. Check out this page for help.
- Download the stock TWRP backup form above.
- Extract the backup file, tw_621_lollipop5.0_sense6_2015-05-11–23-30-21_LRX22G_release-keys.rar, to get folder containing backup files.
- Transfer the folder to your phone, inside the folder TWRP.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now. For this:
- First Power Off your phone. Wait for 6-7 seconds.
- Now, press and hold volume down and power button together until you see something on screen. You will be greeted with Hboot screen commonly known as “3 Android Screen” accounting to the 3 Android logos dancing at the bottom. This is the bootloader mode, btw.
- Move the selection to RECOVERY using volume buttons and select it using Power button. You’ll reboot into recovery mode.
- In TWRP recovery, tap on Restore.
- Select the folder by tapping on it. It’s the same folder that you transferred in step 4 above.
- On next screen, select all options (boot, system, etc.) and then use do the ‘Swipe to Restore’ at bottom to begin restoring the Android 5.0 Lollipop update from HTC on your One Max.
- Let the TWRP complete restore work, wait patiently till then.
- When it’s done, tap on Home button at bottom left and then tap on Reboot > System. This will reboot your phone. When it’s done, you’ll have Lollipop update right there.
That’s it. Let us know if you know any help with TWRP recovery installation or anything with update process, via comments section below.