Update [January 23, 2019]: We have added the second Android Pie update for the ZenFone 5Z in the download section below. The new update is dubbed Version 188.8.131.52 and was released earlier today.
The Asus ZenFone 5Z is currently the most underrated device available in the market. While most tech enthusiasts were covering the OnePlus 6 (now the OnePlus 6T), the Asus ZenFone 5Z has seemed to have gone unnoticed by many.
And it got even better when Asus began rolling out the Android 9 OTA update for the device — right off the bat after they released the Pie update for the ZenFone 5 (download). The software version of the Pie update for the ZenFone 5Z is 184.108.40.206, and the good news is that it is already available for download. So if you can’t wait for Asus to send it your 5Z, you can download and install it using the guide below.
- Android Pie release date for ZenFone Max Pro M1
- ZenFone Max Pro M2 Android Pie release date
- Best Asus phones in 2018
- Best phones under $500 right now
The 5Z comes with a Snapdragon 845 coupled with up to 8 GB RAM and 256 GB storage and has a 6.2-inch IPS LDC display as well. Currently, the Asus ZenFone 5Z is available for INR 25,000 on Flipkart. At that price, the device is an absolute steal since it’s almost competing with the POCO F1 by Xiaomi and offers a far better build quality.
However, many of you reading this page have already picked up the ZenFone 5Z, so let’s jump directly to 5Z Pie update download now. And for what it’s worth, you may want to check the next Asus flagship, the ZenFone 6.
- Android Pie update download:
How to install Android 9 Pie on Asus ZenFone 5Z
Installing the latest update is fairly easy and isn’t much time-consuming. Simply follow these steps to install the latest Android version on the ZenFone 5Z.
- Make sure you have updated to software version 220.127.116.11 or newer. That is required as base version for Android Pie update.
- Download the update file from the table above.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, transfer it to your device.
- Disconnect the device from PC.
- You will see a notification now about the update file detected by the system.
- [Optional] If need be, reboot the device once if you don’t get the update notification in few minutes. Make sure you the fully downloaded and transferred the file.
- Tap on the notification now to begin the update process. As simple as that!
Check in the Settings app, the software version should now be 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124, depending on what you downloaded from above, and Android version being Android 9.