May 7, 2011 - 6:27 PM
Our visitors have been asking us to make a quick and simple guide on how to flash “.zip” files using ClockworkMod [CWM] Recovery.
So here it’s (folks!):
Instructions on How to Boot & Use CWM Recovery:
- Switch off your phone, and wait until it vibrates.
- Now boot into recovery mode, press & hold the following combination of keys together: “Volume UP + Home key + Power button”
- Use the “Volume UP & DOWN” keys to navigate/scroll through options in the recovery
- Use the “Power button” to select an option in the recovery
Instructions on Flashing “.zip” files using CWM:
- Transfer the “.zip” you want to flash to your sdcard.The best way is to save the file in the root of SD Card. But you can also save the file in any folder you wish on your SD Card.
- Boot into recovery mode [See instructions above]
- Now Scroll to “install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 1 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.zip”
- Once the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”That’s it.
The ClockworkMod Recovery was originally created by Kaushik Dutta, you can visit his blog here.