Xiaomi has delivered on its promise to update the Redmi Note 5 Pro to Android 9 Pie, the latest stable version of Android. The device has been beta testing Pie since February 2019 and now the stable version has arrived.
The update is now available for download for Redmi Note 5 Pro users as MIUI 10.3.1. The OTA was released today and guess what, we already have the recovery ROM with us. This means you don’t have to wait until the OTA download notification arrives, probably next week, instead, you can grab the firmware and install Pie manually on your Redmi Note 5 Pro right now.
Wondering how to do this? Well, we’ve got your back.
How to download and install Android Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro
There are several methods you can use to manually install MIUI 10 updates, but this depends on the file type at your disposal. For now, we have the recovery ROM, which is the easiest to install. In case of the fastboot ROM, which we don’t have for now, the guide is here.
To install the latest MIUI 10.3.1 ROM on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, follow the steps below:
- Download the recovery update file from this link
- Transfer the update file to your Redmi Note 5 Pro if you downloaded it on PC
- Open the Settings app, and tap on About phone
- Tap on System update
- Tap on the 3-dot menu button in the top right
- Tap on Choose update package
- Browse and select the update file you downloaded above
- The system will verify the update and install it automatically. When it asks for confirmation, do confirm to allow installation.
Be sure to back up important data as the update installation may delete apps and data.
It’s worth noting that this method only works for those who are currently using a stable version of MIUI 10. For those using MIUI beta, you’ll have to stick around until the fastboot ROM arrives.
Enjoy the update!