Even though not among the first ones, Sprint rolled out Oreo update for its Moto Z2 Force variant a few days ago. Though, the even better news is, we now have the firmware file of the Android 8.0 update for Sprint Moto Z2 Force available, which means you can install it manually.
This is especially helpful for people who are facing trouble with OTA updates or those who may want to keep a firmware saved on PC in case of emergencies — it’s the best way to return back to stock, you know.
Out big thanks to ilia3367 over at XDA Forums for this! So, without further ado, here is the Oreo update firmware for the Moto Z2 Force at Sprint, and an installation guide to install it all by yourself.
Related: Motorola Oreo update news
Download Sprint Moto Z2 Force Oreo update
- Android 8.0 Oreo firmware | 2.18GB
- .BAT installer | 1.14KB | Filename: NASH_SPRINT_OCX27.109-48.zip
How to install Oreo update on Sprint Moto Z2 Force
→ Make sure you have made appropriate backups.
Well, here’s a simple guide to do this.
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools.
- Make sure that the device is OEM Unlocked and USB Debugging is enabled.
- Download the firmware and installer files from above.
- Extract the firmware file to a separate folder.
- Now extract the installer zip file too. Inside this, you will find a bat file called ‘NASH_SPRINT_OCX27.109-48.bat’, copy this file to the folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- Reboot the device into bootloader mode. For this:
- Connect your device to PC using a USB cable.
- Open a command or PowerShell window on your PC.
- Run this command: adb reboot bootloader
- When the device is in Bootloader mode (also called Fastboot mode), run the BAT file — NASH_SPRINT_OCX27.109-48.bat — by double-clicking on it to install the Oreo firmware.
In case you need any help with this, sure let us know.