The addition of a wide-angle lens on the back of the OnePlus 7 Pro is probably one of the best decisions the company made. When it comes to taking close-up photos, this lens will definitely be your best buddy, unfortunately, that’s just about it!
As it stands, the OnePlus 7 Pro doesn’t support the ability to record videos using the wide-angle lens, which is pretty annoying. We expect OnePlus to roll out a software update to enable this feature at some point, but until then, here’s a trick you can use to record videos using the 16MP ultra-wide lens on your device.
How to record videos using the wide-angle lens on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Open the Dialer on your phone
- Enter *#*#1597#*#* to the launch the debugging camera software (indicated by red text over the camera app)
- Go to video recording mode
- Keep switching camera lenses (using the button in the bottom left) until the red text reads Lens: Back (Wide) (3)
- Proceed and record the video normally, but now in wide-angle mode.
It’s worth noting that the video quality you get isn’t the best, which is probably the reason OnePlus opted against including the feature out of the box. Still, it’s great to see that it’s possible, so we just wait and see if OnePlus will actually enable the functionality via a software update.