Android 5.1.1 update is our for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge, along with its Galaxy S6 twin, and here we have the download links and installation guide to help you with the manual update process. There are no reports of OTA update yet, but anyway, when you can flash the full firmware, why wait for OTA. Moreover, you don’t need to prepare for the update as you may have to in case of OTA, just flash it using Odin software, and it will be install fully, taking your Galaxy S6 Edge back to stock.
The build no. of the T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Android 5.1.1 update is G925TUVU2COF6, OF6 in short. We’re yet to see a changelog, but will be sure to update this page once we come across it.
It’s okay if your Galaxy S6 Edge is rooted right now, or has custom recovery installed. You don’t need to unroot or remove recovery, as this full firmware will remove them automatically upon installation. Sure you can get TWRP recovery and root back.
T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update G925TUVU2COF6
- G925TUVU2COF6 Update (direct link) | File host mirror | File: TMB-G925TUVU2COF6-20150615115436.zip (1.59 GB)
- Odin PC software | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- T-MOBILE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE (model no. SM-G925T)
- Don’t try this on Galaxy S6, whose model no. is G920T, or any other S6 or S6 Edge set from Samsung!
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclamer: Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
- Download Odin and firmware file from above.
- Install Galaxy S6 Edge drivers (method 1 there!) first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
- Extract the firmware file now. You can use a free software like 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’.
- You should get the a file in .tar.md5 format now (G925TUVU2COF6_G925TTMB2COF6_G925TUVU2COF6_HOME.tar.md5). We will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on your Galaxy S6 Edge (in step 10 below).
- Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
- Disconnect your S6 Edge from PC if it is connected.
- Boot T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge into download mode:
- Power off your S6. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Double click on extracted file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe, to open the Odin window, as shown below. Be careful with Odin, and do just as said to prevent problems.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to PC now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your S6 Edge. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- Load the firmware file into Odin (that you got in step 4 above). Click the AP button on Odin and the select the file: G925TUVU2COF6_G925TTMB2COF6_G925TUVU2COF6_HOME.tar.md5
- Make sure Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use PIT tab either. Go back to Log tab btw, it will show the progress when you hit start button in next step.
- Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Wait till installation is finished, after which your S6 Edge will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as show below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to do steps 6 to 12 again. For this, close Odin, disconnect your S6 Edge, remove battery, insert it back after 5-6 seconds and then start from step 6 again.
- Or, if you get FAIL in the top left box, you need to try flashing again, as stated just above.
- First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
That’s it. Enjoy the G925TUVU2COF6 Android 5.1.1 firmware, OF6 in short, on your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge!
If you need any help with this, let us know via comments below and we will try our best to help you out.