You may want to Factory Reset (aka Hard Reset) your HTC Sensation 4G in case you are looking to hand it over to someone else, or are simply selling it, and wanna remove all you apps, data, contacts, etc. from it.
Or, you have forgotten the password on the lock screen, and now are looking at the way to use your HTC Sensation 4G again.
Or, it could be that you were doing some sort of little hacks (you know, root, recovery, boot animations, etc. stuff) and now the HTC Sensation 4G isn’t booting up at all.
Or, maybe, some malware has made its way into your HTC Sensation 4G, causing all sorts of trouble, Or maybe some bad apps.
Either way, the Hard Reset should only help you.
Well, you can Hard Reset your HTC Sensation 4G, which will format it completely. BUT, YOU WILL LOSE all your apps, their data, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, etc. from the phone. If you sync contacts with Google, which you should always do, this might just save your day as regards contacts.
Here’s how to perform a Hard Reset on your HTC Sensation 4G, which is actually very simple.
→ By the way, this works on all HTC Sensation 4G handsets around the world, whether that be international one, or at any carrier in USA or elsewhere. So, no problem as regards model no.
FACTORY RESET (aka HARD RESET) and FORMAT the HTC SENSATION 4G
There are two ways to do it:
- Using Settings itself: If you can Power On your HTC Sensation 4G and are able to use it, this is the easiest and best option.
- Using Hardware keys. We use combination of keys to enter special mode for the factory reset and do it from there. Works even when phone isn’t working. Volume keys and Power key mus not be damaged.
But be sure to back up important data first, as mentioned below.
MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP IMPORTANT DATA
Be sure to backup all important data, contacts, music and video files, other files and folders and everything important before doing a Factory Reset so that you aren’t left with regret just 5 mins later. Use our backup guide linked below.
1. Doing a Factory Reset using Settings (if phone IS working and you CAN use it)
Follow these simple steps to Hard Reset HTC Sensation 4G from Settings.
- Go to Settings, and locate the option Backup and reset.
- Now, tap on Factory Data Reset.
- It will list all the details in very brief. Now, tap on the Reset device to start the Hard Reset on your HTC Sensation 4G.
That’s it. Before you finish your coffee, you HTC Sensation 4G will be all formatted and will boot up as a new one, just like you first took it out of the box. Updates will remain, though, of course.
2. Doing a Factory Reset using Hardware Buttons (if phone IS NOT working and you CANNOT use it).
Follow these simple steps to enter recovery mode and Hard Reset your HTC Sensation 4G.
To perform a hard reset onHTC Sensation 4G, you need to do this:
- Disconnect your device from PC and then power off your device. Wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off. If you can’t power off using power key, then remove battery (if it’s removable) and place it back after few seconds.
- Press and hold Volume Down and then press Power button once. Btw, keep holding Volume Down until you reach HBoot screen which has 3 little Android at the bottom. It’s also called 3 Android screen.
- Using the volume keys to navigate, move to FACTORY RESET (or CLEAR STORAGE) option, and select it using the Power button.
- Factory Reset will start and will wipe all your data from the device, and once the format is complete, the device will start automatically.
Done. That’s all.
It was easy, no?