The Motorola Droid RAZR at Verizon won’t be getting the Android 7.0 Nougat update officially from Verizon, let alone the Android 7.1 update that is currently out as a developer preview for Nexus 5X, 6P and Pixel C. But thanks to the Android developer community over at xda, you can get Android 7.1 Nougat installed on your Droid RAZR with CM14.1.
CM14.1 is an Android 7.1 Nougat based AOSP ROM developed and maintained by CyanogenMod — the most popular custom ROM for Android devices.
This is an unofficial release of CM14.1 for Droid RAZR and might not be perfect for everyone. Check all details about the ROM below, along with downloads and installation instructions.
Droid RAZR CM14.1 Build Details
- Developer: stargo
- Build status: Unofficial, test build
- Supported models: Droid RAZR (spyder)
- Original development page: XDA link
- Phone (tested on Verizon and on GSM/UMTS in Europe)
- Mobile data (enabling APN needed on Verizon after reboot)
- Camera (basic functionality only)
- Reboot to recovery
What’s not working (as of Nov 14, 2016 ):
- Video recording
- CM FileManager is unable to access some storage-devices due to bugs in FileManager (storage is mounted correctly). Remove .android_secure on the storage to work around it.
- Playback of DRM-protected content
- Data encryption (investigating, needs new unreleased safestrap)
Droid RAZR CM14.1 Downloads
For help installing the ROM on your device, follow our detailed step-by-step guide on installing CM14.1 using a custom recovery like TWRP:
Download Android 7.1 Nougat Gapps
Since this is an AOSP based ROM, you’re require to flash/install a Nougat supported Gapps package separately via recovery to get Google services like Play store and others back on your device.