AT&T began rolling out the Lollipop update for HTC One M7 about a week ago. The update was pushed as an OTA in two separate parts. That roll out is now complete but for some reason if you weren’t able to take the OTA update on your AT&T One M7, then RUU for software number 7.23.502.1 is now available for you to download Lollipop right now on your device.
The 7.23.502.1 RUU comes with Android version 5.0.2. This isn’t the latest of Android right now since Google has already released Android 5.1 which contains a number of pretty little features and also significantly boosts performance. HTC has said that One M7 will receive the Android 5.1 update, but we aren’t sure if/when AT&T and carriers would make it available.
NOTE: If you’ve an unlocked bootloader with S-OFF, then you can install the RUU easily. However, if your One M7 has unlocked bootloader with S-ON, then you’ll have to re-lock the bootloader first to be able to install the RUU update.
- Download the RUU on your PC from the download link above.
- Connect your HTC device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Make sure you’ve HTC One M7 drivers installed on your PC.
- Double-click/Run the RUU update file to launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
Your AT&T HTC One M7 will now be running Lollipop with software number 7.23.502.1. Be extremely excited for this!