Samsung is surely moving fast and swift with the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for their devices! With countless leaked Android 4.1 firmware for the Galaxy S3 (and two for the T-Mobile variant as well), now an official Jelly Bean update has leaked for the Galaxy Note 10.1 as well, less than one month after it was launched!
“If you have the Galaxy S3, you can try out its leaked Jelly Bean firmware → here. T-Mobile Galaxy S3 can get the leaked official Jelly Bean firmware → here, and Bell Galaxy S3 owners can find it → here.”
The update that has leaked has the firmware version N8000DDALI1, and can be installed on the Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi+3G variant (model number N8000) to get a taste of the official Samsung Jelly Bean update, which should bring the usual Jelly Bean improvements like a smoother interface, expandable and actionable notifications, and more. Do keep in mind that this update is only for the Note 10.1 with the N8000 model number and won’t work on the N8010 Wi-Fi-only model. You will also need a microSD card inserted in the tablet to be able to install the update
Keep in mind that this is a leaked pre-release update and has not yet been officially released by Samsung and hence could have some issues and may be unstable for daily use, so you should wait for the official update to come out if you’re not comfortable with manual flashing. But if still try it out, you can always flash back to an Android 4.0 firmware later if needed.
So let’s see how the first leaked Android 4.1 update can be installed on the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi+3G variant, model number N8000. Do not try it on the Wi-Fi-only variant with model number N8010. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About tablet.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install DDALI1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
- [Important!] You might need to wipe data during this procedure. So makes sure to backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you. Backup all the SD card files, including camera photos, music, etc as well as those also might get erased during the flash as this is a leaked firmware.
- [Important!] Flash the stock DDALH1 firmware on your tablet by following the guide → here. The update will fail to flash on any other firmware or on custom ROMs, as it needs the tablet to be on the DDALH1 firmware. Keep in mind that this may require you to wipe data on your tablet, so be sure to make a backup (see step 1).
- Download the Jelly Bean OTA update file.
Download DDALI1 OTA | Alternate Link
Filename: GT-N8000_N8000DDALI1-OTA-N8000DDALH1_INU_312166583.zip | Size: 297 MB
- Copy the GT-N8000_N8000DDALI1-OTA-N8000DDALH1_INU_312166583.zip file to the external storage i.e the microSD card on your tablet.
- Turn off the tablet. Then, boot into stock recovery. To do so, hold down Volume Up + Power buttons together, then when the screen turns on, let go of power button but keep holding the Volume up button till the tablet boots into recovery.
In recovery, use the volume buttons to scroll up/down and the power button to select an option.
- Select apply update from external storage, then scroll to and select the GT-N8000_N8000DDALI1-OTA-N8000DDALH1_INU_312166583.zip file to start installation of the Jelly Bean OTA update.
- After installation is complete, the tablet should reboot automatically. If it does not reboot, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot up into the newly installed Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
NOTE: To go back to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, you can install the DDALH1 firmware by following the guide linked in step 2.
That’s it! The official leaked Jelly Bean Android 4.1 firmware is now running on your Galaxy Note 10.1. Do let us know how it works, including new things or issues that you notice!