After a long wait, Samsung Galaxy S5 users at Cricket can have the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for their beloved device. The update was released today, and the firmware has already hit the download. The build no. of Cricket S5 is G900AZTUU3BOG3, and apart from the 5.1 Android OS, we thing it would also bring the ‘factory reset protection’, and ‘Find my mobile’ feature to the device as almost all Samsung updates recently with builds OFx and OGx have got these two features.
Using the download links and guide below, you can update your Cricket Galaxy S5 to much awaited Lollipop Android update now. You don’t need any preparations for this either, as this is pretty easy installation, though it involves one big download of the full firmware.
Installing the G900AZTUU3BOG3 firmware would unroot your Cricket S5, and also remove the TWRP/CWM recovery and custom ROM, is any installed on your device. The Lollipop update is an amazing upgrade, and you should go ahead for it.
How to update Cricket Galaxy S5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop with G900AZTUU3BOG3 firmware
- OG3 firmware — Direct Link | File: G900AZTUU3BOG3_G900AZAIO3BOG3_AIO.zip (1.4 GB)
- Odin PC software | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- CRICKET GALAXY S5, model no. SM-G900AZ
- Don’t try this on AT&T S5 or any other Galaxy S5 device than the model no. SM-G920i!
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclamer: Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
- Download the Odin software and firmware file from above.
- Install Galaxy S5 driver (method 1 there!) first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
- Extract the firmware file (G900AZTUU3BOG3_G900AZAIO3BOG3_AIO.zip) now. You can use a free software like 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’. You should get the a file in .tar.md5 format now. We will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on your Cricket S5 (in step 10 below).
- Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
- Disconnect your Galaxy S5 from PC if it is connected.
- Boot Galaxy S5 into download mode:
- Power off your S5. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Double click on extracted file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe, to open the Odin window as shown below. Be careful with Odin, and do just as said to prevent problems.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your device. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- You cannot proceed until you get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has recognized your device.
- If you don’t get Added!! message, you need to install/re-install drivers again, and use the original cable that came with device. Mostly, drivers are the problem (look at step 2 above).
- You can try different USB ports on your PC too, btw.
- Load the firmware file into Odin. Click the AP button on Odin and the select the .tar.md5 file from Step 3 above.
- Make sure Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use PIT tab either. Go back to Log tab btw, it will show the progress when you hit start button in next step.
- Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your Galaxy S5. Wait till installation is finished, after which your S5 will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as shown below upon successful installation from Odin.
- First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
That’s it. Enjoy the Cricket Galaxy S5 OG3 firmware!
Tip: After updating to Android 5.0 Lollipop, you may get the ‘Find my mobile’ option in Settings, then ‘Lock screen and security’. This blocks Odin from flashing anything on device, so next time you want to use Odin on 5.0 and provided you have this feature preset, do turn it off to be able to use Odin.