Gaming on smartphones has come a long way thanks to the recent advancements in mobile CPUs and GPUs. Although most manufacturers tend to pack their devices with large batteries for resource-intensive tasks, they are still unable to handle long gaming sessions. If you are an avid gamer that faces the problem of regularly running out of charge, then you have landed on a perfect page.
We have compiled a list of some of the best power banks that are currently available in the market in 2020. We will compare them based on various factors including design capacity, outlets, output power, extra features and more. This will help you get a good idea about each one of them and find the one that best fits your gaming needs. Let’s get started.
- How to stop apps from auto startup
- How to improve the battery life on your Android device
- How to fix battery problems after a software update
58,830 mAh….Need I say more? The Halo Bolt is a beast of a performer that can not only charge your phone, but also charge your laptop, smaller power bank, Bluetooth speaker, and your wireless gamepad. Oh, and did I forget that it can jumpstart vehicles?
That’s right! Whether you are out vacationing in the middle of the Caribbean on a boat or driving through the winding roads of mother nature, the Halo Bolt always has your back. It can jumpstart an SUV 96 times and a standard car 217 times on a full charge.
Additionally, the power bank has reverse circuit protection and surge protection which helps prevent unwanted short circuits that could potentially damage your digital devices. Moreover, the Halo Bolt has the ability to hold its charge for a full year which makes it the perfect companion for cross country trips or when traveling abroad.
If you are someone that likes their devices at full capacity all the time, then the Halo Bolt should be a no-brainer for you.
- Massive 58,830 mAh capacity
- Surge & reverse-circuit protection
- AC outlet charging
- Included button charger, DC car charger
- Jumper cables, carrying pouch, LED floodlight
- Lightweight design: 26.06 oz
- 2 x USB outlets
- 120V AC outlet
- Available in 4 different designs: paisley, floral, graphite, chevron & camouflage
- Incompatible with some car batteries
- Does not jump-start some cars if the battery is completely dead
- Portability is restricted
- Premium pricing
Buy: Halo Bolt 58,830mAh
Our next choice is the RAVPower 26,800 which is a compact power bank with the ability to fast charge your devices with a maximum output of 5.5A. It has an onboard chipset that automatically controls the supply of power when a device is plugged in to charge.
The RAVPower 26,800 uses a micro USB port to charge itself and its compatible with a 2.1A input. This allows you to fast charge your power bank itself in case of emergencies. The RavPower is a powerful portable option for travelers and gamers that like to be on the go most of the time.
- 26,800 mAh Power capacity
- Compact form factor
- 5.5A Maximum output
- 2.1A input
- ISmart technology to control power supply
- Onboard LED indicator
- Quite heavy despite the smaller size
- No emergency features like a torchlight
- Not bundled with a charging cable
- No dedicated battery indicator
Buy: RAVPower 26,800 mAh
The Mophie Powerstation Plus XL is a premium offering that has a design capacity of 10,000 mAh. It comes in a sleek portable design featuring a minimalistic look and fabric upholstery for added styling and texture.
The power bank has an integrated cable that eliminates the need to carry your own cable. Furthermore, this in-built cable has swappable tips which allows you to charge Micro-USB devices as well as lightning port devices using the same cable.
It also comes with a passive USB outlet that can deliver power to your device at 2.1A. The Powerstation Plus XL is also wireless charging compatible which means that you can recharge your power bank using any Qi-certified charging pads that are currently available on the market.
If you have been looking for a more portable option that does not compromise on performance and features, then the Mophie Powerstation XL is the answer to all your prayers.
- Premium build quality
- Fabric upholstered on side
- On-board LED indicator
- In-built charging cable with swappable tips
- 2.1A Output through USB & in-built Cable
- Wireless charging compatible
- Priority charging
- Wireless charging does not work with some Qi-enabled charging pads
- Premium pricing despite low battery capacity
Own multiple devices? Looking for a single solution? Then try the Aukey PD 10,000. This power bank comes with intelligent onboard processing that has quick charge & AI USB output. This means that the Aukey PD will intelligently monitor the supply of power to your device depending on its design capacity and overall compatibility.
It has a dedicated USB-C port and two USB-A ports which ensure compatibility with all USB powered devices. The Aukey PD is also Quick Charge 3.0 compatible and supports a maximum output of 18W for non-compatible devices. Additionally, the power bank also has in-built surge protectors and an onboard chipset that helps control the power input to your devices.
This will help prevent any damage to your smartphone due to a faulty connection or a faulty cable. The Aukey PD combines the best of both worlds and is one of the most pocketable 10,000 mAh power banks that are currently available on the market today.
- Quick Charge 3.0 compatible
- 18W Output at 2.1A
- Onboard intelligent controls
- Surge & overcharge protection
- Dedicated USB-C outlet
- AI Power assist
- Durable build quality
- Lightweight and portable design
- Subpar build quality with cheaper feeling plastic materials
- No carrying case or pouch
- No PD rapid charging
Buy: Aukey PD 10,000 mAh
Still looking for something that can fit inside your pocket and hold a full charge for your smartphone? Then meet the Jackery Bolt! This nifty power bank comes in a surprisingly small form factor that has two in-built cables and a total capacity of 6,000 mAh.
The first cable has a lightning connector, while the other has a Micro-USB connector. This eliminates the need to carry around additional cables and provides you with a much more portable option. The power bank uses a UL certified battery cell and has the ability to produce a maximum output of 2.1A.
If you have been looking for a power bank that can juice up your phone without bulking up your pockets on the go, then you might want to consider the Jackery Bolt.
- Compact pocketable form factor
- 6,000 mAh design capacity
- 2x in-built charging cables
- Pass-through charging support
- Overcharge protection
- 1x USB output
- Built-in flashlight
- In-built wires might not connect to phones with cases attached
- Heavy in terms of weight despite low battery capacity
- Requires you to manually enable charging every time a phone is connected
Duracell is a renowned alkaline battery manufacturer that has recently entered the market of power banks. Featuring a portable design and retro Duracell looks, the Duracell 6,700 mAh is another perfect travel gaming companion with tons of different features.
The power bank has short circuit protection, over-voltage protection, dual safety circuits, thermal monitor and overcharge protection. This helps keep your devices safe no matter the conditions that you are working with. Moreover, the Duracell 6,700 also supports power pass through which allows you to simultaneously charge your smartphone while charging your power bank itself.
This offering from Duracell is smaller than most smartphones on today’s market which makes it an excellent pocketable companion for your on the go gaming needs.
- 6,700 mAh design capacity
- Retro Duracell design
- Exceptionally compact and lightweight design
- Surge protection
- Over Voltage protection
- Thermal monitor
- Input Surge protection
- Fire-resistant casing
- Dual safety circuits
- Overcharge protection
- Luggage carry-on compliant
- Charging port location leaves your cables vulnerable to damage
- Not compatible with fast charging
- Bundled cable not compatible with smartphones that have cases
Buy: Duracell 6,700 mAh
We hope this guide helped you find the best power bank that fits your needs and requirements. Feel free to share your opinion with us in the comments section below.