ASUS’ first dedicated gaming phone, the ROG Phone recently went up for pre-sale in Europe and is scheduled to become available for pre-order in the US on October 18.
The handset is quite an impressive gadget coming with 6-inch AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, a powerful Snapdragon 845 processor, 8GB of RAM and a hefty 4,000 mAh battery.
November 27, 2019: A year after its release, Asus has released Android 9 Pie for the original ROG Phone. Carrying software version 16.0410.1910.91, the OTA brings Game Genie, Game Center, 24-hour forecast, and more alongside Android Pie’s regular bells and whistles. It’s being rolled out incrementally, so it could be a while before your device gets it.
- Upgraded system to Android P
- Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Report Location in Safeguard, weather animation setting, AI charging
- Removed the Yandex cloud option of File Manager Application
- Upgraded Game Center to Armoury Crate with whole new design
- Added “Adaptive brightness”, “Adaptive Battery”, “New notifications”, “Status bar icon manager”, “Screen recorder”, and “Local backup” in Settings
- Upgraded Game Genie panel with new design and features
- Added Android P “Swipe up on Home button” gesture
- Support 24-hour forecast in Weather application
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, and Weather applications
- Redesigned volume control panel following Android P
ASUS ROG Phone update timeline
|27 Nov 2019||16.0410.1910.91 | Android 9.0||Android Pie update, Game Genie improvements, Game Center upgrade|
|08 Nov 2018||15.1616.1809.48 | Android 8.1||ACCY-TwinView Dock/inbox/DT Dock audio firmware update for improved the user experience, better performance when the battery is low and improves the user experience in regard to the screen comfort|
|02 Nov 2018||15.1616.1809.43 | Android 8.1||ACCY- TwinView Dock firmware update to improve its compatibility, Improve HDR performance and the compatibility of Gamevice controller|
|11 Oct 2018||15.1616.1080.23 | Android 8.1||Support Google ARcore; Improve the users’ experiences of ACCY and air trigger feature|
- ASUS Android 9 Pie update
- Best ASUS phones to buy in 2018
- Best Android phones without the notch
- Asus ZenFone 5Z Android Pie update release date
ASUS ROG Phone Android 9 Pie update
- Pie update expected in December or early Q1-2019
- Launched with Android 8.1 Oreo
The ASUS ROG Phone will ship out with Android 8.1 Oreo pre-installed. But given that the ROG Phone is a premium device, we expected to be among the first phones that ASUS will update to Android 9 Pie.
When will Asus release Android Pie for ZenFone 5Z?
The company already promises the Pie update to its current flagships, the ZenFone 5Z and ZenFone 5, although it did not offer an exact timeline. Which leave room for speculation. It’s quite possible the phone will start receiving the new build in Q4 2018. So around November or December. The same, we believe, applies for the ROG Phone too.
Keep watching this space for more info on software updates for the Asus ROG phone.