It’s been a little over a month since OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T started testing Android 8.1 Oreo as part of the company’s Open Beta program. This came about a month after both devices received the stable version of Oreo 8.0 and as of this writing, the pair is now getting the stable version of Oreo 8.1 as part of OxygenOS 5.1.
OnePlus has made the news official through its forums, stating that the OS is now available for OnePlus 5 and 5T users over the air. In addition to installing Oreo 8.1, the update also brings this month’s Android security patch and adds full-screen gestures to OnePlus 5T.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Updated system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support( Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category.
The update has just started rolling out and chances are it’ll prioritize those who were in the beta program before hitting non-beta devices. Thus, it should take a few days before Oreo 8.1 arrives on all OnePlus 5 and 5T handsets.
Have you received Oreo 8.1 on your OnePlus 5 or 5T? Let us know in your comments below.