Samsung has officially started the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 updates for their existing Galaxy Tab lineup of tablets, starting with the Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 which is already getting the update through Kies.
Samsung will continue to roll out the Android 4.0 update for all their tablets in July and continue into August, with more and more regions to get it gradually as usual. Galaxy Tab 10.1 owners will probably have to hold out the longest as it seems to be the last device on the list to get the update.
The next devices to get the update will be as follows:
- GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
- GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
- GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
- GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
- GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G
So, in a few weeks, all the Galaxy Tab will be rocking Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you have the Galaxy Tab 7.7, you can connect it to the computer and grab the update from Kies right now. Let us know your impressions of it, in the comments below. To all else, be patient, the update is almost here!