Yet Another ICS Based Custom ROM for Epic 4G Touch — MIJJz BLEND ICS FB21
After a string of leaked ICS firmwares for the Epic 4G Touch, it’s time now to face the expected flow of custom ROMs based on the leaked firmware. Here we go again, with a brand new Ice Cream Sandwich based custom ROM for this device, it’s called MIJJz BLEND ICS and is based on the FB21 firmware which leaked earlier this week. The developer community sure doesn’t waste any time when it comes to this.
The MIJJz BLEND ICS has been released by XDA member mijjah74 of Team Nocturnal, who have developed cutom ROMs for a variety of devices including the HTC EVO 3D, HTC Rezound, Samsung Nexus S 4G & Galaxy Nexus.Do keep in mind that this custom ROM is based on the fB17 firmware, and may contain bugs from the original FB21 base.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!!!
This firmware and the guide below is compatible only and only with Epic 4G Touch, model number SPH-D710. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in Settings » About phone.
Developer: mijjah74 ( Team Nocturnal)
- BASE–CALKS FB21 LEAK
- CURRENTLY STOCK FB21 KERNEL
- ADDED HOLO APPS 7 SOME ICS BLUE [SEE TKS ABOVE]
- ADDED SAMMY BOOTANIMATION & SHUTDOWN [CUSTOM LATER]
- ADDED INT.D TWEAKS BUT REMOVE [STEADY’S WORKING ON THE KERNEL]
- MORE TWEAKS & EDITS IN v1.1
- PROBABLY A LOT, GONNA UPDATE AS I GO
How To Install MIJJz BLEND ICS ROM on Epic Touch 4G
- Download the MIJJz Blend ICS Custom ROM from the official development page
- Transfer the downloaded ROM file to the root of SDcard on your phone
- Now power off the phone and reboot to Clockworkmod Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, in CWM, select Backup and Restore → On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Go to Mounts and Storage, and Select Format System. On the next screen Yes-Format
- Next select Format Data. On the next screen select Yes-Format Data
- Now select Format Cache. On the next screen select Yes-Format cache
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install ____.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “Go back” and then select “Reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- First boot might take a while. Be patient. Let the ROM take its time to load up.
- Congratulations!! You are now running MIJJz BLEND ICS on the Epic 4G Touch! Enjoy!
You can visit the official development thread linked above, to check for updates, download add-ons, and to submit bugs. So go ahead and try out this brand new custom ICS ROM, and tell us about your experience with it in comments below.