Xperia Arc S Specifications and Features [New Android Phone]
If you’re quite puzzled how come a mid-spec phone like Xperia Arc be the Sony Ericsson’s flagship device, here comes the answer. SE just unveiled its latest android smartphone, the Xperia Arc S. We really don’t know why these guys like to add ‘S’ so much — reminds us of Galaxy S and iPhone 3G S, again!
Anyways, let’s talk about the Xperia Arc S Specs and Features and find out what’s improved — and what’s not improved — from the Arc and other host of devices all boasting similar spec-sheet. BTW, Arc will be known now as Arc S’s predecessor and former flagship device of SE.
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S Specifications:
- Single-core 1.4 GHz processor [Most probably, it’s Qualcomm’s chip. Although it’s an improvement from Arc’s 1 GHz Qualcomm processor, what we wanted was nothing short of 1 GHz dual-core processor from NVidia or Texas instruments. Looks like SE reserved either of those for Xperia Duo — but irony is that that by the time SE will manage to launch Xperia Duo, quad-core or at the very least 1.5 GHz dual-core would become a fashion, so let’s hope SE sticks to the ongoing trend when it launches its phone in future]
- 4.2 inch LED backlit LCD display [Same what you had in Arc. falls flat in comparison to Samsung’s Super AMOLED display and SE-Samsung’s own Super Clear LCD display. So, nothing great, and easily hate-able!]
- 3D and 2D sweep panorama tech for photography [This is really really nice, something unique and very useful, too]
- 8.1 MP camera [A front-facing camera still lacks, which isn’t a good thing]
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1 GB ROM [Good improvement from Arc’s 320 MB internal storage]
- 512 MB RAM [[Same as that of Arc, should’ve been 768 MB or so to be impressive]
- Launch Date – Q4 2011. Not Far!
All in all, no great improvement from Arc, but you may still fall for this phone anytime for its very superior deign that befits boys, girls, men and women perfectly — this can’t be said for any other phone on earth, btw — and it’s so cool WHITE color.
So, how do you find it. Would you buy it or recommend it to your friends and family member? let us know in comments? And, last but not least, where would you rank it in the list of world’s best android phone?