WanamLite needs no introduction to folks who have used any of Samsung’s premium phones in the recent years if they have been in the custom modifications game. It enables you to add a number of custom modifications to your phone without the need to switch to a custom ROM.
WanamLite is developed and maintained by wanam over at XDA, who has now released the MOD for Samsung’s newest flagship, the Galaxy S6, as well. Since it’s the first version of WanamLite for the Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F), the list of modifications may not seem as large as those you may have seen on S5, S4 or other Samsung devices, but this list will be growing overtime.
Below is the list MODs WanamLite features at this time:
- Adam Kernel (custom kernel)
- Large APN list
- Debloated (Removed some useless Apps, available on the PlayStore)
- Root and Busybox
- Init.d support
- All supported languages
- Auto wipe cache and dalvik-cache
- Call recording
- No SMS on Call logs
- Call button on Call logs
- Camera shutter sound
- RTL support on email App
- Camera during Call
You can install WanamLite on your Galaxy S6 easily from a custom recovery. Grab the flashable .zip file from the download link below. But be aware that this is only for the SM-G920F variant of Galaxy S6, we do not recommend you to flash this on any other variant of the device since firmware compatibility might be an issue for this.
icon-download Download WanamLite for Galaxy S6 SM-G920F (16.5 MB)
└ Get latest version from the maintenance page over here.
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
- Make sure your Galaxy S6 variant is SM-G920F. If not, then do NOT proceed.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S6.
- Transfer WanamLite MOD file to your device’s internal storage and remember the location where you save them.
- Boot Galaxy S6 into Recovery mode.
- Make a backup. Once in TWRP recovery, take a backup of your current ROM. Select Backup, then do a “Swipe to Back Up” on the bottom of the screen. Wait for the backup to finish, it’s a time consuming process.
- Install WanamLite MOD now. Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select Install. Navigate to the file where you saved your MOD’s zip file, select it and “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen. Now wait until the flashing process finishes.
- Go to back to recovery’s Main menu, select Reboot » select System.
Your device will now reboot with WanamLite MOD on board. Enjoy!