It’s official now – the Samsung Galaxy S3 for Verizon Wireless. The Price is set at $199 for the 16GB version of S3, while it’s $50 more at $249 for the 32GB version, on a 2-year contract. The off-contract pricing is not know yet. The pricing has been kept competitive, we have seen many phone last and this year launch at Verizon at $299 price tag.
No launch date, or shipping date, has been specified by the big Red yet but the carrier will be accepting pre-orders starting June 6. It’s been previously rumored that the June 20 will be Verizon Galaxy S3’s release date, and given the official date for pre-order, it doesn’t look bad.
Only some moments ago, some pics of the Verizon Galaxy S3 were leaked online, but now that we have got the official announcement, let’s check out the Verizon Galaxy S3 Specs (confirmed as of now).
Verizon Galaxy S3 Specs
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor – Even though it sounds last-year’s dual-core tech, which it is, this processor is giving hard time to this-year’s quad-core processor, both Tegra 3 and Samsung’s Exynos chips, both is terms of benchmarks and real world performance. All thanks to these S4 chips being just 28nm in size!
- 4G LTE – Well, it’s great and is the only reason why people in US are getting the S4 dual-core processor instead of international’s Galaxy S3’s Exynos quad-core chips, because the latter doesn’t support LTE or very high-speed HSPA networks yet.
- 4.8-inch Super Amoled HD Display – It’s the same on in Galaxy Nexus, but said to be far better than the latter. One X’s super LCD 2 gives this a tough competition and which one you like depends on you. The advantage with Super Amoled HD is deeper true blacks and saturated colors (although minimised with S3’s display), while Super LCD2 remains more natural colors and brighter white (not necessarily whiter).
- Massive 2GB RAM — the 1GB RAM on the new phones launching last year was a game-changer, and so 2GB could be. The Galaxy S3 will the only phone with 2GB RAM until LG’s Optimus LTE 2 drops off, with even mighty quad-core processor. The international Galaxy S3 features usual 1GB RAM, FYI.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 8 Megapixel Camera at Back, while 1.9 MP camera in the front for Video chat and stuff
- Samsung proprietary apps and features like S Voice, S Beam, Share Shot, All Share Play, S Suggest, Smart Stay eye tracking, etc.
- More specs to be updated later, but it should be same as that of international Galaxy S3, i9300, as regards weight, size, 50GB dropbox storage, etc.