Use External SD Card as Internal Memory on Droid Razr
One of the limitations of having both an internal storage and an external SD card in our phones is that some apps are unable to read data on the external SD card, as the internal storage is seen by those apps as the external SD card and hence they don’t read the actual external one. This is specially prevalent on MIUI ROMs, as it fails to find music on the external microSD card as well as not being able to browse it in the file manager.
XDA modder pajn has come up with a script that mounts the external SD card on your Motorola Droid Razr as the internal SD card, and vice versa. Though it has only been tested on MIUI ROMs, it should work on most other ROMs as well.
Let’s take a look at the procedure.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Motorola Droid RAZR. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- A Motorola Droid RAZR with a custom ROM (preferably MIUI) and an external microSD card inserted.
How to Mount External SD as Internal SD on Droid RAZR
- Download the script file.
Download Link | Filename: switchSD.zip
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to your SD card on the phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the file switchSD.zip and select it. Confirm installation on the next screen by selecting Yes — Install switchSD.zip.
- After installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
How to Revert Back to Normal
- Download the revert script file.
Download Link | Filename: reswitchSD.zip
- Then perform steps 2-5 of the main procedure above to revert back to normal i.e mount internal as internal SD and external as external SD.
Following the procedures above, you can mount your external microSD card as the internal memory, and also revert back to normal if required. Share your thoughts on how it works out for you, in the comments below.