It’s often daunting to follow too many steps required to do advanced stuff on Android devices, like rooting, unlocking the bootloaders, installing ClockworkMod recovery, etc, and it more than often puts off many people from going ahead with it. This is why we love All-in-One (AIO) toolkits, which provide users with a graphical interface where you can do all the fancy stuff with a few clicks of the mouse.
XDA Recognized Developer hasoon2000, responsible for creating AIO toolkits for a lot of HTC devices, has come up with an AIO toolkit for the HTC One V as well. If you’ve recently bought a One V, this AIO toolkit will definitely make your time easier if you’re looking for a simple method to root it or unlock its bootloader, etc.
Some of the functions that the AIO Toolkit provides are listed below:
- Install HTC Drivers
- Unlock (and relock) bootloader
- Permanently root
- Install custom recoveries (as well as stock recovery)
- Install custom kernels
Read on to find out how you can download and install the HTC One V All-in-One toolkit.
This guide is applicable only for HTC One V. DO NOT try this on any other device.
How to Use One V All-in-One Toolkit
- Download the latest version of the toolkit from the official development page. You’ll find the downloads section on the 2nd post.
- Use a software like WinRAR or 7-zip to extract the downloaded RAR package.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the toolkit.
- Double-click on the One X v*.*.exe file to start the toolkit (where *.* is replaced by the current version).
- Frankly, there isn’t much to explain now. Simply click the option you want to run, from the main window of the program and follow the onscreen instructions.
That’s it. If you have a One V, be sure to try out the toolkit. Do let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.