May 16th, 2014: Google Play Store updated to version 4.8.19 with PayPal support, simplified app permissions and some sweet UI changes. Download the latest apk from here (link below):
► Download Play Store APK v4.8.19
22nd Oct, 2013: Play Store just got updated to version 4.4.21. Download the latest update from the link below
Latest update: The all new Nexus 7 2013 was just found running an even newer version of Google Play Store — version 4.2.9. Go ahead and download the latest version instead of this.
Link – Download Google Play APK 4.2.9.
UPDATE (November 18, 2012): Google Play Store updated to version 3.10.9. Download from here.
Update (November 2, 2012): Google Play Store updated to version 3.9.17, so we recommend you to download latest Google Play APK 3.9.17 from here.
UPDATE (August 22, 2012): Play Store updated again with gift card redeem function. The latest version now is 3.8.17 ─ download from here.
UPDATE (August 18, 2012): Google has pushed a minor update to the Play Store again, and the latest version now is 3.8.16 ─ download it from here.
Update (August 16, 2012): The latest version of Google Play right now is 3.8.15. Get it here.
There is new version of Google Play APK floating around, and it’s 3.7.15 — up from the last one, v3.7.13. Being a small update (numerically), and having installed it I can say as expected it didn’t make any significant changes to the Play Store and looks more like a bug-fixer and small-changes-made kind of update. But there has never been a good official changelog of Google Play updates, so let’s ignore this and skip to links and installation procedure, which is what all you want is, no?
Installation of the Google Play APK 3.7.15 is easy — just download the file on phone and install by tapping on it (making sure that ‘unknown sources’ under settings in enabled). For not so experienced people, a detailed guide below is all you would need.
You DO NOT need root for this. And installing the Google Play (or any app using an APK) is very very easy!
Install Google Play Store APK 3.7.15 [Guide]
- Download the Google Play APK 3.7.15. Filename: gplay3.7.15.apk
- Transfer it to phone if you downloaded it on PC.
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Applications, so that you can install applications from SD Card. If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean (Android 4.0 and lovely Android 4.1, respectively), find it under Settings » Security.
- Make sure you have a (any) file manager installed. Open file manager app and go to folder where you downloaded/transferred the GP3.7.13.apk (if you downloaded it on phone, it should be in Download folder).
- Tap on the Google Play file — gplay3.7.15.apk — to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute. That’s it. Open the Google Play app now from the app drawer.
Let us know via comments if you need any help over installing/downloading this. And, I guess, you’ll need to be on Android 2.2 or higher to be able to update your Google Play.