Update Xperia Arc to 0.62 Firmware [4.0.2.A.0.62]
The latest official Gingerbread Android 2.3.4 firmware for the original Xperia Arc is 4.0.2.A.0.62. Many of you have probably upgraded to it already by official means, but for those that haven’t got the update on their Arc can do so manually, following this step-by-step guide that we have prepared that walks you through the entire procedure for updating to the 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware.
Read on to find out how you can update your Xperia Arc to the 4.0.2.A.0.62 Gingerbread firmware.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, model number LT15i. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD card, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install Firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 on Xperia Arc
- Download and install Flashtool from → here. (Get the Windows version from the Installation section).
- Now, after installing Flashtool, go to the Flashtool folder (C:\Flashtool by default) on your computer, and open the drivers folder. Double-click the Flashtool-drivers file to start the installation of the necessary drivers for the phone.
- In the drivers setup screen, click Next once, then on the component selection screen, tick the following two options:
- Arc-Play-Neo-Acro ADB Drivers
- Flashmode Drivers
- Then, select Next to start installing the necessary drivers. After driver installation is complete, proceed to the next step.
- Download the firmware file.
Download Link | Filename: LT15i_4.0.2.A.0.62_Generic_Global_World.ftf
- Copy the downloaded .ftf file to the Flashtool\firmwares folder.
- Now, double-click the FlashTool file inside the Flashtool folder.
- Once the Flashtool program opens — click on the “Flash” button (the first of the seven buttons at the top of the screen).
- Select Flashmode on the screen that shows up, then press OK.
- You will see LT15i in the list of devices in the new window that shows up. Click on the LT15i entry if it’s not already selected, then press the OK button.
- Now, after a few seconds, it should ask you to connect your phone to the PC. So first plug the USB cable to PC, then pick up your phone and hold the “Back” key (key at the bottom left on your Arc), and then connect the USB cable to your phone. Remember, you have to hold the “Back” key while connecting the USB cable to phone.
- Once the phone gets connected, Flashtool will automatically start the flashing process.
- Once the flashing procedure is complete, you’ll get a Flashing complete message in the Flashtool screen. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Turn the phone on and wait for it to boot. Once it boots up, you’ll be running the stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware on your Xperia Arc.
That’s it. You’ve successfully updated your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc to the 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware. Share your thoughts with us on the firmware, in the comments below.