HTC’s Sensation line of Android phones sure seems to be getting a lot of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 based ROMs lately. Now you can update your HTC Sensation XL to Ice Cream Sandwich with Ice Cream Zombi.e ROM (no, I don’t get why there’s a . between i and e, but that’s how it is), along with version 3.6 of Sense UI on top.
The ROM also comes with the Sony Mobile BRAVIA engine modification included, which should improve the image and picture quality on your phone. Other features include quick and smooth browsing, improved Wi-Fi and data, as well as camera and video quality improvements.
Read on to find out how you can flash Ice Cream Zombi.e ROM on your HTC Sensation XL.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation XL. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
Developer → benjamin.j.goodwin
- Rooted HTC Sensation XL with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install Ice Cold Zombi.e ROM on HTC Sensation XL
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the root of your SD card on the HTC Sensation.
- Turn off the phone.
- Start Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm data wipe.
- Select “advanced”, then select “wipe dalvik cache”. Then, go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard (from step 2) and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes – Install ______.zip” on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
You are now Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4 on your HTC Sensation XL with Ice Cold Zombi.e ROM. Visit the development page to get more info and the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.