- 1.CUSTOM ROM INFO
- 2.Known Bugs/Issues
- 3. WARNING!
- 4. SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS KITKAT UPDATE INSTALLATION
- 4.1. STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
- 4.2. STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
- 4.3. icon-check STEP 2: INSTALL ANDROID 4.2.2 BASED FIRMWARE I9082XXUBMK3
- 4.4. STEP 3: INSTALL THE LATEST CWM RECOVERY
- 4.5. STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
CUSTOM ROM INFO
|Android Version||Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Launched on Dec 9 by Google).|
|Is this official?||No.|
|Stability||Good enough for daily use.|
|Credits||ProBAM Team, k2wl|
[As of January 14, 2014]
- Only Primary SIM slot works.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS KITKAT UPDATE INSTALLATION
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings.Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be GT-I9082/GT-I9082L!
Please know that this page is meant only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been Warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
icon-check STEP 2: INSTALL ANDROID 4.2.2 BASED FIRMWARE I9082XXUBMK3
You need bootloaders of official Android 4.2.2 update by Samsung for the Grand Duos. Without it, the Android 4.4 ROMs don’t boot up on Grand Duos.
So, if you haven’t updated your Grand Duos to Android 4.2.2 before, you need to do it now, first thing, before proceeding any further with the ProBAM ROM installation. And if you updated to Android 4.2.2 earlier, anytime, then skip this step.
STEP 3: INSTALL THE LATEST CWM RECOVERY
Skip this step if you already have latest version of CWM recovery installed on your device.
Make sure that you’ve latest version of the recovery installed on your device.
► GET CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY FOR GRAND DUOS (Use the non-touch version from that page)
Older versions of CWM recovery is not working with Android 4.4 based ROMs, throwing installation errors and WiFi bugs, therefore you need to use the latest version of either recovery.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone and remember the location.
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: probam-20140111-UNOFFICIAL-i9082-k2wl-build2.zip (414 MB)
For latest version of the ROM, check the original page →
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: gapps-kk-20131208.zip (98.71 MB)
Be sure to transfer the ROM and Gapps files you downloaded above to your phone and remember the location of the files.
You will need to flash them now on your device using ClockworkMod CWM recovery.
GUIDE FOR FLASHING ROM IN CWM RECOVERY
Example video: If you haven’t used CWM recovery before to install a .zip file of a ROM or anything else, then we suggest you first watch a video of that to get familiar with the process. Click here to watch the video
- Boot into recovery mode. If you’re rooted, the easiest way to boot into recovery mode would be using the QuickBoot app. If not rooted, then follow the instructions below:
- Power off your device and wait 4-5 seconds after lights go off.
- Hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button together, release it as soon as you see the Samsung logo. Then your device will reboot into recovery mode.
└ In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down between options and use Power button to select an option.
- Create a Nandroid Backup from recovery. It’s optional but very important to do, so that in case something goes wrong you can restore to current status easily. For this:
- Go to Backup And Restore » Backup.
- Perform a full clean-up of the device (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). For this:
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm factory reset (screenshot).
- Select Wipe Cache Partition, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm wiping cache.
- First Install the ROM file:
- Now similarly flash the Gapps file.
└ Make sure to first flash the ROM file and then the Gapps file.
- Reboot your device. For this, go back to the main menu of recovery and select reboot system now.
That’s all. Your phone will now reboot and it will take some time as it’ll be phone’s first boot after installing Android 4.4, be extremely excited for this!
Note: In case your device gets bootloop (stuck at logo while rebooting), just do a factory reset (step 3) and you will be fine.
It was easy to install ProBAM ROM, based on Android 4.4 KitKat, right? Let us know how it is to your liking in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!