HTC seems to be hard at work on getting Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 to their devices, evidenced by the Over the Air (OTA) firmware that have been leaked for different HTC devices, indicating that HTC is indeed working to get ICS out to the masses as soon as possible. The latest device to see Ice Cream Sandwich leaked through OTA channels is the HTC Rezound, with the new 3.11.605.2 firmware. It still only comes with Sense 3.6 instead of Sense 4.0, but the final version will (hopefully) feature Sense 4.0 instead of 3.6.
The firmware is a release candidate for the OTA update, so it’s definitely not a final version, so expect bugs scattered here and there. Here’s a look at the features of the firmware:
- 1. Android OS 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 2. CMAS support added
- 3. IPv6 over eHRPD supported
- 4. UI updated to Sense 3.6
- 5. Caller Name ID app added
- 6. VMM/BUA plus updated
- 7. New storage UI (under settings menu)
Read on to find out how you can update your HTC Rezound to Ice Cream Sandwich with 3.11.605.2 firmware.
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with the HTC Rezound. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable.
- Important! Your HTC Rezound must be running on fully stock firmware and its bootloader must be locked.
How to Update HTC Rezound to Ice Cream Sandwich 3.11.605.2 Fimware
- Download the firmware from either of the download links given below:
Download Link 1 | Download Link 2 | Download Link 3
- After downloading the firmware file, rename it to PH98IMG.zip.
- Copy the PH98IMG.zip file to the root of your SD card (i.e. put it in SD card directly, don’t put it inside any folder).
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- The installation of the firmware should now start automatically. The phone will reboot after installation is complete.
That’s all folks. You are now running Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 with Sense 3.6 on your HTC Rezound with the leaked OTA 3.11.605.2 firmware. Share your thoughts on how it works for you, in the comments below.