December 7, 2013: Latest version of the Google Play Store is 4.5.10 now. Get it at the link below. It brings new features such as: activity feed of your Google plus pals which shows apps and games +1′ed by them, new ratings and review style, circled icons for Google+ profile pics, etc. ► Download Google Play Store APK 4.5.10 2nd Nov, 2013: New Google Play Store APK is out, version 4.4.22 ► Download Google Play Store APK 4.4.22 UPDATE (November 18, 2012): Google Play Store updated to version 3.10.9. Download from here. Update (November 2, 2012): Google Play Store updated to version 3.9.17, so we recommend you to download latest Google Play APK 3.9.17 from here. Update: New Google Play Store is out → Download latest Google Play Store APK 3.5.15. Users of Motorola devices who were experiencing problems with the market link in the drawer have good news. Google just updated the market app, Google Play Store, to v3.4.7, which fixes just that. Other than that, if you tried opening a link of android market (or play.google.com now) on v3.4.6, it wouldn’t get the Play Store as option in the ‘complete action using’ pop-up list, which includes browser(s) and market app, with an option to select an app default. Now, this has been fixed too (see the screenshot at the right above). Now if you click on any market link on web, you’ll get Play Store app (i.e. Play Shop on ICS) also in options with the browser app. Both fixes are basically part of same parcel. That also means it’s largely the same app Google Play Store v3.4.6 was and apart from fixing the linking to old android market to new Google Play Store, there is nothing much.
Installing the v3.4.7 update manually is pretty simple. It’s an APK file, so just tap on it from any file manager to install it. You don’t need root, adb or anything! (Don’t forget select the “Unknown sources” check box under applications settings.) For the newbies, here’s a detailed step by step guide:
- Download the APK file of new Google Play Store App v3.4.7 from the above.
- If you downloaded it on PC, transfer it to phone.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use this file manager (install for free from your current market app, which will soon be Google Play Store App.
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Applications, so that you can install applications from SD Card. If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0, find it under Settings » Security.
- Open file manager app and go to directly where you transferred the apk file in Step 2, or the download folder if you downloaded it on phone.
- Find the file and tap on it to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in a minute.
We think there aren’t any major changes in the Google Play Store v3.4.7, from the earlier v3.4.6, or the old Android Market v3.4.4, except for that change in app’s version in settings, as far as other than fixing the link in drawer is concerned.