Update Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Latest Firmware DXLB3 Easily with One Click Odin File. Rooted Already!
While you are waiting for the Ice Cream Sandwich update to hit your Galaxy Tab 7.7, Samsung is apparently still working on Honeycomb Android 3.2 for the Tab 7.7. DXLB3 is the latest Honeycomb firmware to come out for the Galaxy Tab 7.7. You can update your Tab to DXLB3 by flashing a pre-rooted version of the firmware on your tablet using Odin, thanks to XDA modder as i9000.
Read on to find out how you can update your Galaxy Tab 7.7 to the DXLB3 firmware.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, model number P6800. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About tablet.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD card, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Updated device drivers installed on your PC. You can install them through KIES. Download the latest version of KIES here. Use KIES only to update your drivers and then make sure it is not running. Odin & Kies do not get along too well with each other, and we are going to use Odin to install CWM on your Tab.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 7.7 to DXLB3 Firmware
- Download the firmware from either of the download links below.
Download Link 1 OR Download Link 2
- Double-click the P6800DXLB3_P6800OLBLB1_P6800DXLB1_HOME_ROOT_DEODEX.exe file, then select Extract to extract the actual firmware file. You will get a file named P6800DXLB3_P6800OLBLB1_P6800DXLB1_HOME_ROOT_DEODEX.tar.md5 after extraction.
- Download Odin 1.85 from → here.
- Extract the contents of the Odin3-v1.85.zip file to a folder.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Tab 7.7, then boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons till the download mode screen shows up, then let go of the buttons.
- Open Odin (from step 3) — double-click the Odin3 v1.85.exe that you got after extracting the file Odin3-v1.85.zip.
- In ODIN, click the PDA tab, then select the P6800DXLB3_P6800OLBLB1_P6800DXLB1_HOME_ROOT_DEODEX.tar.md5 fileyou extracted in step 2.
- Important! Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required file in PDA as given in step 7. Leave all other options as they are.
- Connect your tablet to the computer. You should get the message “Added!” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left. If you don’t get this message, then probably there is a problem with drivers. Make sure you’ve proper drivers installed. See point 2 above under ‘pre-installation requirements’.
- Now, hit the START button to start flashing the DXLB3 firmware on your Galaxy Tab 7.7. After the flashing is complete, the tablet will automatically reboot. You’ll also get a PASS message in ODIN. You can now safely disconnect your tablet from the computer.
IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, do the following – disconnect the tablet from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn tablet on in Download mode, and do the procedure again from Step 6.
- If you run into any roadblocks while flashing the DXLB3 firmware, let us know and we’ll help you out.
You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Tab 7.7 to DXLB3 Honeycomb firmware, which is also rooted by default. Share your thoughts on the firmware, in the comments below.